Registration Opens for Fall Almo Pro AV E4 Experiences
Almo Pro AV today officially announced that registration is open for the Fall 2019 E4 Experiences, coming to the New York Metro Area on September 25 and Atlanta on October 15. Almo to offer AV courses and certifications worth CTS Renewal Units (RUs) to E4 Experience attendees thanks to their longstanding partnership with AVIXA.
This fall marks the 10-year anniversary of the E4 platform, which has grown 500 percent since the inaugural event in the fall of 2009. The fall E4 Experiences will include more than 40 manufacturing exhibitors, courses led by an all-star line up of industry experts and special autograph sessions with local professional athletes.
Read a feature article about Almo’s decade-long journey toward changing distribution expectations.
“It has been exceptional to watch the E4 format blossom over the last 10 years into an experience that AV resellers and integrators cannot and will not miss,” explained Melody Craigmyle, vice president of marketing and communications for Almo Corporation. “Our attendees rely on E4 for local connections, as a way to earn free, high quality industry education, and to see the latest AV gear, especially if they are unable to travel to major industry trade shows. We also like to host a local celebrity at every E4 Experience and we are looking forward to having Lawrence Taylor and Spud Webb join us this fall. We are expecting a record-breaking crowd at our New York Metro E4 Experience, which will include both manufacturer and channel partners, who were at our original event 10 years ago.”
The following new Almo manufacturing partners will have a presence on the E4 Experience exhibit floor this fall:
- Absen: The world’s largest producer and exporter of LED displays. Almo is the largest national distributor for Absen.
- ClearOne: Leading global provider of audio and visual communication solutions.
- MXL: MXL microphones are designed for web conferencing, music, live broadcasts and podcasting. MXL is located in the Almo Sound Options (Almo’s dedicated audio sourcing and technical engineering group) booth at E4.
- Netgear: Produces networking hardware for businesses for retail, commercial and as a service provider.
- Wolfvision: Manufacturer of presentation, collaboration, and knowledge sharing systems for deeper communication, better collaboration, streamlined productivity and efficient knowledge sharing. Almo is the exclusive national distributor for Wolfvision.
- Yamaha: Manufacturer of audio visual products including amplifiers, speakers, mini systems and more.
Two popular certification opportunities have returned to the fall E4 Experience circuit:
- SDVoE AV-Over-IP Design Certification, (1 CTS RU): This course is for AV professionals who have experience designing matrix switch-based systems and want to learn how to take advantage of the flexibility of SDVoE. Participants will also learn about the new design considerations that exist in the SDVoE paradigm and how this platform benefits customers.
- Digital Signage Certification – Foundations of Digital Signage, (1 CTS RU): This fast-paced, one hour course is designed to detail the exciting and rapidly evolving world of digital signage; from the most basic networks and applications to how to approach interactive kiosks, video walls and other experiential interactive deployments, this course covers it. It’s taught by a DSF (Digital Signage Federation) board member and is not product-specific.
The E4 Experience kicks off with an engaging keynote led by rAVe founder, Gary Kayye, focused on an unbiased explanation of AV-over-IP (1.5 CTS Rus), which is then taken into action with an exhibit hall production tour (1 CTS RU) of specially hand-picked products that provide a true demonstration of AV-over-IP. Gary will be streaming LIVE on LinkedIn Live at both the NY Metro and Atlanta E4 Experiences. Other courses slated for the fall E4 Experiences are below. For more details, click here.
- Introduction to Windows Collaboration Displays (1 CTS RU)
- Designing for the User Experience (1 CTS RU)
- Digital Signage Content Strategies for Savvy Integrators (1 CTS RU)
- AV in an IT World (1 CTS RU)
- Avoiding Pitfalls in AV Installation and Content (1 CTS RU)
- Universal Serial Bus (USB) Deep Dive Technology Exploration for AV Design and Integration (1 CTS RU)
- Installation Issues for Converged AV/IT Systems (1 CTS RU)
- Kayye’s Krystal Ball (1 CTS RU)
Special Autograph Sessions
Almo is hosting the following local celebrities, who are available for autographs and photos during the E4 Experience. Both sessions are sponsored by Sharp and will take place in the Sharp booth on the exhibit floor.
E4 Experience New York Metro E4: Lawrence Taylor, former NY Giant, NFL MVP and hall-of-famer. Considered one of the best players to ever play in the NFL, Taylor has been ranked as the top defensive player in league history by news outlets, media members, former players and coaches. He has also been described as one of the most feared and intimidating players in NFL history. His explosive speed and power forever changed the position of outside linebacker.
E4 Experience Atlanta: Anthony Jerome “Spud” Webb, former point guard for the Atlanta Hawks. Despite being one of the shortest players in NBA history (5 feet 7 inches tall), he is known for winning the NBA Slam Dunk Contest. He is currently the president of basketball operations for the Texas Legends, the G League team for the Dallas Mavericks in Frisco, Tex.
Almo Pro AV is here and the E4 Experience is here.