Audio-Technica is now shipping its new AT5047 Cardioid Condenser Microphone. An addition to the company’s 50 Series (which also includes the AT5040 vocal microphone and AT5045 instrument mic), the AT5047 is a studio microphone that features the same capsule as the AT5040 but with a transformer-coupled output and optimized electronics. It’s equipped with a transformer-coupled output, so the microphone maintains a constant load output impedance, even when capturing sources at extreme SPL.
The AT5047 features four rectangular two-micron-thick diaphragms, which function together to provide a combined surface area twice that of a standard one-inch circular diaphragm. Advanced internal shock mounting decouples the capsule from the microphone body, and the included advanced-design AT8480 shock mount provides superior isolation.
Other AT5047 specifications include:
- Element: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency response: 20 to 20,000 Hz
- Open circuit sensitivity: -29 dB (35.5 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 150 ohms
- Maximum input sound level: 148 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1 percent T.H.D.
- Noise: 6 dB SPL
- Dynamic range (typical): 142 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 88 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom power requirements: 48V DC, 2.7 mA typical
- Weight: 592 g (20.9 oz)
- Dimensions: 165.3 mm (6.51”) long, 57.0 mm (2.24”) maximum body diameter
- Output connector: Integral three-pin XLRM-type
- Accessories furnished: AT8480 shock mount for 5/8″-27 threaded stands; 3/8″ to 5/8″ stand adapter; protective carrying case
The AT5047 is shipping for $3,499. Here are the detailed specs.