Audio-Technica is shipping the new ES945O/XLR omnidirectional condenser boundary microphone and ES947C/XLR cardioid condenser boundary microphone — replacing A-T’s ES945 and ES947. The ES945O/XLR and ES947C/XLR add IPX4 water resistance, protecting the microphones from splashes of water and making them even more ideal conferencing and monitoring solutions for a wide range of applications.
With their low-profile design that mounts in tabletops, ceilings or panels for minimum visibility, the ES945O/XLR omnidirectional condenser boundary microphone and ES947C/XLR cardioid condenser boundary microphone provide clear audio that is perfect for conferencing, recording, monitoring and other demanding sound pickup applications. Protected by a rugged all-metal case with a two-layer perforated grille, the microphones feature polar patterns afford a 360° pickup angle (ES945O/XLR) and 120° pickup angle (ES947C/XLR), respectively, while Audio-Technica’s proprietary UniGuard RFI-shielding technology provides outstanding rejection of radio frequency interference (RFI). The microphones’ IPX4 water resistance sets them in a class of their own as boundary mics. Additionally, the ES947C/XLR and has a small front-of-mic indicator to ensure proper orientation for maximum pickup.
The ES945O/XLR and ES947C/XLR are equipped with a self-contained power module with an XLRM-type output connector, eliminating the need for an external power module. They are available in black (ES945O/XLR and ES947C/XLR) and white (ES945WO/XLR and ES947WC/XLR), and come with a pair of rubber isolators for mechanical isolation from the mounting surface.
ES945O/XLR and ES947C/XLR features:
- Designed for surface-mount applications such as conferencing, recording, monitoring and other demanding sound pickup applications.
- Low-profile element provides uniform polar pattern with 360° pickup angle (ES945O/XLR) and 120° pickup angle (ES947C/XLR), respectively.
- Mount unobtrusively in tabletops, ceilings and panels.
- IPX4 water resistance protects the microphones from splashes of water.
- Self-contained power module with XLRM-type output connector.
- Rugged all-metal case with a two-layer perforated grille.
- Rubber isolators provide mechanical dampening of mounting-surface vibration.
- Require 11V to 52V DC phantom power.
The ES945O/XLR (black) or ES945WO/XLR (white) is $249 and the ES947C/XLR (black) or ES947WC/XLR (white) is also $249.