Zappiti Intros 4K HDR Media Player
Zappiti has just launched three new models in its 4K HDR range: the Mini 4K HDR compact set-top box, the One 4K HDR media player with a hot swap internal SATA HDD 3.5” rack drives, and Duo 4K HDR media player with a hot swap internal SATA HDD 3.5″ dual rack for a total capacity of up to 32 TB.
Supporting almost all video and audio formats, codecs and file containers, including all modern video standards such as HDMI 2.0, Ultra HD 4K, HDR and 4K60p, the Zappiti 4K HDR media players are compatible with most audio and video formats such as HEVC video codec with one billion colors (10-Bit color encoding) ISO Blu-ray, M2TS, MKV 4K, MVC 3D with 3D subtitles, home theater audio (including Dolby Atmos and DTS:X) and high-resolution lossless audio files up to 32 Bit / 192 kHz. This new player range is also compatible with Zappiti Media Center v4.
- HEVC / VP9: The Zappiti 4K HDR supports H.265 / HEVC up to 4K video. HEVC is the successor to H.264, with up to 50 percent file size savings. It also support VP9, the new open and royalty free video coding format developed by Google.
- REC. 2020: A wider color space for more saturated and richer colors
- Display 4K 50p or 60p video content in 3840x2160p at 50 Hz or 60 Hz
- Auto framerate detection 24/50/60p (compatible with both 24.000 Hz / 23.976 Hz video output)
- 3D video support, including 3D image depth, 3D subtitle depth, 3D interface depth, manual reversal of left-right images
- Backlit RC: Control the Zappiti 4K HDR media player with the IR remote control (accessory included). You can also control the player using a user’s wireless mouse or keyboard. In addition, the Zappiti 4K HDR can be controlled by universal remote controls such those from as ProControl, RTI, Control4 or Logitech Harmony.
- Share video files stored on the internal (or external) hard drive with other Zappiti media players (including older generation).
The Zappiti Mini 4K HDR is $249, the One 4K HDR is $299 and the Duo 4K HDR is $399.