The DaVinci Group (TDG) has created an all-new architectural in-ceiling speaker optimized for shallow-depth mounting situations that will incorporate the company’s proprietary STT Stereo Tweeter Technology. The NFS-61-5CMSTT claims to deliver single-point stereo sonic performance that rival other companies normal depth models — and does it in a thin speaker that is less than 50 millimeters thick.
Integrators regularly run into situations where they are asked to install a distributed audio system in a structure that was built using a type of construction material that limits the available depth in which to install an in-ceiling/in-wall speaker. To address this situation some brands in the industry have developed thinner speakers. But the reality is that these models are often just chopped down regular-series speakers — a reality that not only reduces the depth of the unit, but downgrades the sonic performance of the speaker at the same time.
- STT (Stereo Tweeter Technology) reduces inter-tweeter waveform distortion and phase cancellation
- 6½″ polypropylene trueform woofer with dual voice-coil STT design
- 13mm soft dome tweeter with dual voice-coil STT design
- Flangeless grill mounting system for smooth visual appearance
- PRX Poly Resin CrossPoint molds
- PRX mounting dog legs
- 5-watt min/50-watt maximum recommended power range
- Frequency Response: 72Hz-20kHz
ISE attendees can see it at ISE in Amsterdam next month or by going here.