Designed for use with existing hardware devices, Epson today launched the new Moverio BT-35E AR (augmented reality) Smart Glasses. Featuring an interface unit with HDMI and USB Type-C ports, Moverio now functions as a wearable display for any standard HDMI (HDMI1.4) output device, as well as any USB Type-C output device supporting DisplayPort Alt Mode, eliminating the need to create or port new content to the Moverio platform.
Comfortably and durably designed for daily use, the Moverio BT-35E glasses allow users to keep their display in front of them as they carry out their tasks allowing for increased productivity. Offering an easy out-of-box experience, the Moverio BT-35E smart glasses provide easy plug-and-play operation with no special software required.
The Moverio BT-35E Smart Glasses come equipped with several new intuitive features, including:
- Transparent Si-OLED display: Highly transparent Si-OLED HD wearable display gives users a second-screen experience that seamlessly blends digital content into the outside world
- HDMI and USB Type-C Support: Compatible with popular HDMI 1.4 and USB Type-C output devices, including Android mobile devices1
- No External Power Required (USB Type-C): When used with a compatible USB Type-C output device, the interface does not require an external power source
- Dual (Binocular) Displays: Ideal for stereoscopic 3D content, each lens has its own display in the user’s field of vision
- ANSI Z87.1 Safety-Glass Compliant: ANSI certified protective shield allows glasses to be worn in a variety of commercial environments that require safety glasses
- HDCP 1.4 Support: HDCP 1.4 support for copyright protection enables access to protected content
The Moverio BT-35E Smart Glasses are available now for $899 and here are the details.