22Miles announced its integration with Elo as a recommended hardware solution for deployment with 22Miles TempDefend software. The combined solution including Elo I-Series touch-screen computers, Mounting Solutions, Temperature Sensor Pro, EloView — and 22Miles software brings plug-and-play, self-service thermal detection capabilities to a wide range of industries and applications, from enterprise and hospitality, to education and transportation, and others.
As more industries reopen and plan for 2021 and beyond, businesses face a growing number of safety and logistical issues. Leveraging digital signage allows business leaders to communicate and support solutions for safety and productivity post-COVID, including social distancing regulations, employee screening, building floor plan restructuring and design and changes to technology use that come with keeping employees and building visitors safe and well-informed.
Engineered as a customizable, plug-and-play thermo-sensing digital signage communication and direction tool, 22Miles’ TempDefend combines advanced camera hardware, facial and body temperature detection software, integrated sensors and dynamic machine learning algorithms. With Elo’s I-Series, 22Miles will provide an all-in-one display and software solution that can be quickly and easily installed in buildings of any size and scale. Elo’s accessory and mounting portfolio creates an easy-to-configure solution for any environment. EloView SaaS service (available for Elo Android devices) helps enable seamless remote deployment of TempDefend and device management capabilities.
Key TempDefend features include:
- Leveraging sensor technology, the TempDefend system activates automatically when subjects approach, scanning for temperature. Once the temperature is detected, the information triggers a response workflow, which uses the data to grant access, offer instructions, prompt a video call or send a notification.
- Automatic data capture, security and compliance options, and analysis of temperature scan data simplify the process of identifying and recording trends or areas of concern.
- Displays can be accessed in a variety of ways — voice control, QR code scan and touch screens — to suit building needs. Support for the 22Miles Publisher Pro software allows for quick display customization, email notifications and more.
- Additional features include built-in support and automatic sharing of the standard Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommended screening guidelines for COVID-19, facial mask detection to ensure PPC compliance, automatic “Pass” sticker printing when screening guidelines are met with the printer compatible Elo Wallaby self-service stand option, and virtual receptionist, where users flagged for elevated temperature can initiate a video call with facility administrators for further instruction and applicable protocols.
- Added functionality options via Elo Edge Connect, include badge reader scanning, QR scanning and payment.
- Both the Elo I-Series 15.6” and 21.5” offer the option for add-on floor or counter stands, with or without printers, to create display options that suit any building space or desired functionality.
The Temperature Sensor Pro, a new Elo Edge Connect peripheral, available in North America in late October 2020, reads the user’s temporal temperature using an infrared bolometer and 2D camera, which can detect faces, automatically adjust for height and provide results in less than a second. When paired with a self-service stand and TempDefend software, it provides a complete temperature check solution.