Happy Halloween! For most folks, ghosts, goblins, and zombies tend to give us a fright during this time of year. But, if you’re an integrator, DIY installs that you’ve resurrected probably still haunt your dreams.
In the spirit of the scariest time of year, we’ve rounded up some of the most cringe-worthy (and often just plain funny) AV installations that we’ve seen over the years. These guys may think they’re getting by, but they’re certainly not getting it right.
1. A Nice Little Custom CabinetPhoto Source: http://www.popularmechanics.com/home/how-to-plans/10-hilariously-bad-home-diy-projects#slide-8%5B/caption%5D
“They said it would fit!”
2. We’ll Give This One an A for CreativityPhoto Source: http://www.cepro.com/slideshow/image/7054/%5B/caption%5D
“Everything is NOT awesome.”
3. Let’s Hope No One Walks Under ThisPhoto Source: http://www.cepro.com/slideshow/image/7057/%5B/caption%5D
4. Or This…Photo Source: http://www.cepro.com/slideshow/image/7061/%5B/caption%5D
“Soccer fans would understand…”
5. Now Here’s A More Secure OptionPhoto Source: http://cheezburger.com/4544497664%5B/caption%5D
“Coming soon: 100% Organic mounts”
6. …You Had One JobPhoto Source: http://cheezburger.com/8142514432%5B/caption%5D
“Be cool, or entertained…the choice is yours.”
7. When Wiring Looks Like Spaghetti…Photo Source: http://johnsciacca.webs.com/apps/blog/show/16852621-installation-nightmares-9-professional-horror-stories%5B/caption%5D
“We’re going to need you to replace some CAT5 today…”
8. I Swear I Got This Under Control!
What could go wrong…?
9. What’s the Problem?Photo Source: http://www.electronichouse.com/slideshow/category/7176/1076%5B/caption%5D
“Why is our internet so slow…?”
10. We’re Not Sure This is Legitimately Weatherproof….
“The idea is there…”
Integrators: What’s the most ridiculous DIY mess you’ve fixed? Tell us your tales below!