TASCAM Announces Version 1.4.1 Firmware Update for Sonicview 16XP/24XP Digital Recording and Mixing Consoles
TASCAM is pleased to announce the Version 1.4.1 firmware update for the company’s Sonicview 16XP/24XP Digital Recording and Mixing Consoles. With the V1.4.1 update, the Sonicview digital consoles gain numerous enhancements designed to improve the consoles’ usability resulting in increased functionality.
TASCAM Sonicview consoles integrate beautifully into the most sophisticated production environments thanks to their included 64-In/64-Out Dante interface, a 32-bit/96 kHz multi-channel USB audio interface, built-in 32-track multi-track SD recording* (*standard in the US market only as “XP” model), Class 1 Premium mic preamplifiers, and wealth of I/O. These recording mixers offer no-compromise audio quality, including a 96 kHz, 54-bit float FPGA mixing engine, continuous high-definition 96 kHz sampling, and 32-bit analog-to-digital converters. The mixing engine’s float-point processing makes it possible to flexibly change levels without compromising resolution, and the FPGA mixing engine ensures ultra-low latency of 0.51ms, even in analog-to-analog connections. The result is no-compromise performance, including with Dante networks and in-line monitoring systems.
The V1.4.1 firmware update includes the following improvements by category:
Improved Usability / Operability…
- In the MODULE (GEQ) screen of the MIX 1-22 module and MAIN L/R master module, Graphic EQ can now be operated by a fader.
- Any input/output port can now be selected for INSERT SEND/RETURN.
User Key /Footswitch /GPIO Additions…
- The SOLO mode (PFL/AFL) switching can now be operated by User Key/Foot Switch/GPIO-IN.
- All buttons on the Recorder/Player screen can now be operated by User Key/Foot Switch/GPIO-IN.
- The direct playback function of the internal PLAYER (track number selection and playback) can now be operated by User Key/Foot Switch/GPIO-IN.
- INSERT ON/OFF on each module can now be operated by User Key/Foot Switch/GPIO-IN.
- MAIN L/R ON/OFF operation on each module can now be operated by User Key/Foot Switch/GPIO-IN.
- MUTE ON/OFF on each module can now be operated by User Key/Foot Switch/GPIO-IN.
- A new screen-paging function by User Key/Foot Switch/GPIO-IN has been added to the following: Monitor/Solo tap on the Monitor Setup screen, the Information screen, the Snapshot screen, the Send Overview screen.
- The IF-AE16 AES/EBU expansion board input signal can now be selected as the master clock.
- A Factory Reset function has been newly added.
In addition to the updates for the TASCAM Sonicview 16XP/24XP Digital Recording and Mixing Consoles, it should also be noted that the V1.4.1 firmware update also addresses some enhanced operational stability and bug fixes. The result is a significant overall refinement of an already exceptional mixing environment.
To go along with the above new Sonicview 16/24 update, there is also an update to the Sonicview Control app. Sonicview Control app for MacOS, Windows, and iPad iOS will be updated to version 1.4.0 adding remote control capability for the Sonicview 16/24 V 1.4.1 features.
TASCAM is also releasing the V 1.11 firmware update for the IF-MTR32 recording expansion board. This update addresses issues in certain situations when overdubbing and offers better stability.