Nureva Inc just launched the new Nureva Span MC306i visual collaboration system, a full HD mobile cart. The MC306i is purpose-built for Span software, which supports ideation, design, planning and other activities by groups that need to be immersed in visual information. The mobile Span system integrates a full HD 1080p solid-state, interactive projector and a customer-supplied PC to transform almost any wall into a 6′ 2″ (1.88 m) wide interactive workspace. Two or three carts can be linked together using Span software to produce 12′ 4″ and 18′ 6″ (3.76 m and 5.64 m) interactive digital workspaces.
For groups that need the flexibility to meet anywhere, the MC306i offers access to an expansive cloud-based canvas for creative collaboration. With Span software, users can create, share and edit ideas and information on their own personal devices as well as contribute and interact with content directly on the wall. By drawing upon familiar tools, including sticky notes, sketches, images and flip charts, teams can make the shift from a paper to digital collaboration experience without compromising their proven processes. The MC306i addresses a growing need for organizations to re-imagine how groups innovate and create together, allowing them to make better use of open or underused areas, like corners, huddle rooms, large common spaces and even hallways. It can also be used in multiple meeting spaces, providing cost-conscious organizations with a way to share their technology investments.
The mobile Span system includes a full HD 1080p ultra-short-throw solid-state projector with:
- 25,000 hours of expected life (similar to flat-panel displays), carefree maintenance and high resistance to dust
- An energy efficient optical engine, which consumes 80% less power than lamp-based projectors and 30% less power than an 84″ (2.13 meters) flat-panel display
- The cart can be moved around an office and then started up quickly:
- A fold-down handle and durable casters allow the cart to be easily rolled up to and used with nearly any flat or smooth surface
- Near-instant on/off lets groups get started immediately
- Two infrared pens provide accurate interactivity through auto-calibration and are easily stored on a magnetic pen tray when not in use.
Availability and pricing
The Nureva Span MC306i visual collaboration system is available immediately through a network of value-added dealers and distributors globally. The list price in the United States is $6,999. More information is here.