NEC Display Solutions of America announced today the latest generation of its flagship V and P Series commercial grade displays. Each series consists of three different sizes ranging from 40 inches to 55 inches and features a lighter chassis with a new thin bezel and a flush surface with a removable logo. They also contain a new anti-glare surface coating that further scatters incidental light to allow clear and concise messaging. All of them are native 1080p.
Designed with a display brightness of 500 cd/m2, the V Series is suitable for commercial customers that need professional 24/7 quality under the common ambient lighting conditions found in education, retail, entertainment and quick service restaurants. The P Series, on the other hand, is designed with a brightness of 700 cd/m2 to ensure easy readability at the same 24/7 quality for the higher ambient lighting conditions found in transportation, financial, broadcast and corporate environments.
All six monitors have two HDMI 2.0 ports and one DisplayPort 1.2 with daisy chain capability, but each display now has modular expansion options that allow for flexibility in content distribution and internal processing. The displays have an integrated media player that enables users to load content via USB or over the Ethernet connection, useful for simple signage integration. In addition to this, the V and P Series maintain the OPS slot of previous generation products, which allows for the seamless integration of more complex computing options.
NEC has introduced the ability to integrate a Raspberry Pi Computer Module directly into the displays via a simple card slot. The new displays also feature enhanced imaging performance via the SpectraView Engine, a chipset that allows for complete color control, including luminance, gamma, color and uniformity (P Series only) control.
Other features include:
- LED edge-lit backlight technology for reduced power consumption and a thinner overall depth
- NFC capabilities, which allow a smart phone or tablet to communicate with displays for setup and servicing
- Improved daisy chain capabilities allowing for UHD daisy chain for video wall purposes and LAN daisy chain for control signals, reducing overall cable requirements
- Multi Picture Mode capabilities, allowing for up to 4 simultaneous images to be displayed at once on the screen.
- 12-bit Look Up Tables (LUT) to provide accurate, stable and repeatable color calibrations
- Auto-ID and Auto IP Address functionality, minimizing setup times
- IR lock capability, which allows the end user to control only certain parts of the display while protecting other important settings from inadvertent adjustment
- CEC control through HDMI, allowing control capabilities with other HDMI CEC compatible devices
- L-shaped terminal interface and bottom OPS slot, which allow for easier access to connectivity in both landscape and portrait orientation
- Face up and face down orientation support for specialized applications
The V404, V484, V554, P404 and P484 displays will be available in late March at a list price of $1,049, $1,299, $1,799, $1,299 and $1,579, respectively. The P554 display will be available in April. Here are all the specs.