Denon today announced it is expanding its sound bar lineup with two premium options, the DHT-S516H and DHT-S716H, combining 4K HDMI inputs with ARC support.
Building on the features found in the HEOS Bar and HEOS HomeCinema HS2 sound bars, the latest Denon sound bars both share several sound quality and connectivity improvements. They feature Class-D amplification across a variety of performance-tuned drivers and ship with the latest version of HEOS built-in music streaming and voice control (Amazon Echo or Google Home speaker required). The DHT-S716H pairs with the Denon DSW-1H (sold separately), while the DHT-S516H ships with a wireless subwoofer. With the ability to support DSD (2.8, 5.6 MHz), FLAC, WAV, ALAC (192/24), MP3, WMA and AAC (USB/Network) on both sound bars.
More than just sound bars, both the DHT-S516H and DHT-S716H allow users to experience wireless, whole-home audio with HEOS Built-in. The DHT-S516 also allows greater compatibility with AirPlay 2. When paired alongside other HEOS Built-in AV receivers, sound bars and speakers, users can play the same song everywhere or select different songs for each connected room. HEOS Built-in also enables access to music from several major streaming services, including Amazon Music, Spotify Premium and free, Pandora, TIDAL, TuneIn Internet Radio and others, for listening.
Advanced HDMI 2.0b inputs allow for features like Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM), which improves the gaming experience when in use. The DHT-S716H can leverage HEOS speakers, including the HEOS 1, HEOS 3 and HEOS 5 as rear channels for surround sound.
- Low-profile design and wall-mountable: At two-inches tall, the DHT-S516H fits most spaces and won’t block a TV’s bottom edge or IR remote sensor.
- Supports Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus and DTS decoding for an immersive surround sound experience.
- Denon Dialogue Enhancer improves dialogue intelligibility — ideal for movies and TV shows with complex audio soundtracks
- Users have access to HDMI with Audio Return Channel, an Optical digital audio input, Bluetooth built-in and 3.5mm auxiliary input
- Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio: Users will experience immersive, room-filling, lossless home theater sound with Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio surround sound decoding.
- Four HDMI inputs with 4K Ultra HD pass through, HDR, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby Vision (HDMI 2.0a and HDCP 2.2), plus ARC support ensure the DHT-S716H can support the latest content available.
- Add the optional DSW-1H wireless subwoofer and surround speakers to create a 5.1 listening environment.
- Adds bass to the Denon DHT-S716H sound bar for a more immersive experience.
- Dual custom 5.25″ drivers and high-power Class-D amplification
- Plug the DSW-1H subwoofer into a wall outlet, then pair with the DHT-S716H sound bar via Wi-Fi.
The DHT-S516H ($599), DHT-S716H ($899) and DSW-1H ($599) are all here.