Audio-Technica has introduced four new condenser boundary microphones: the ES945O/FM3
The omnidirectional ES945O/FM3 and cardioid ES947C/FM3 feature a three-pin XLR output connector. Designed for clear, highly intelligible conferencing, recording, monitoring and other demanding sound pickup applications, the ES945O/FM3 and ES947C/FM3 mount unobtrusively in tabletops or panels. They do include a highly visible two-state RGB LED ring (7 selectable colors + OFF) to indicate mute status. The microphones’ polar patterns provide 360° (ES945O/FM3) and 120° (ES947C/FM3) coverage, respectively. A rugged, all-metal case with a two-layer steel mesh grille protects the microphone element, while A-T’s proprietary UniGuard RFI-shielding technology provides outstanding rejection of radio frequency interference (RFI). Both mics are equipped with a self-contained power module, eliminating the need for an external one. They come with a pair of rubber isolators for mechanical isolation from the mounting surface.
The omnidirectional ES945O/FM5 and cardioid ES947C/FM5 have a similar feature set to the “FM3” models, but they offer remote muting, control, and a five-pin XLR output connector. Additionally, the “FM5” models’ switch can be configured for remote muting and/or external contact closure. It can also be set up to trigger an external device, such as a camera or the room’s lighting.
ES945O/FM3, ES947C/FM3, ES945O/FM5 and ES947C/FM5 features:
- Designed for surface-mount applications such as conferencing, recording, monitoring and other demanding sound pickup applications
- Capacitive touch switch enables muting of the microphone (local muting for FM3, remote muting for FM5)
- “FM5” units only: Logic I/O capability permits remote muting and control of remote devices from each mic’s touch-sensitive capacitive-type user switch
- Highly visible two-state RGB LED ring (7 selectable colors + OFF) indicates mute status
- Low-profile element provides uniform polar patterns with 360° (ES945O/FM3 and ES945O/FM5) and 120° (ES947C/FM3 and ES947C/FM5) acceptance angles, respectively
- Mount unobtrusively in tabletops and panels
- Self-contained power module with three-pin (“FM3” models) or five-pin (“FM5” models) XLR output connector
- Rugged all-metal case with a two-layer steel mesh grille
- Rubber Isolators provide mechanical dampening of mounting-surface vibration
- Requires 11V to 52V DC phantom power
- UniGuard® RFI-shielding technology offers outstanding rejection of radio frequency interference (RFI)
- RoHS compliant—free from all substances specified in the EU directive on hazardous substances
- The ES945O/FM3 and ES947C/FM3 boundary microphones will be available summer 2021 with U.S.