3M Unveils New Multi-Touch Display at DSE
Visitors who attended the 2016 Digital Signage Expo (DSE) in Las Vegas last week were the first to see 3M’s new large-format Projected Capacitive (PCAP) Multi-Touch Displays. At the core of the new 3M multi-touch displays and systems offering is the proprietary design of the ultrafine metal mesh touch system conductor – a step change in sensor optical performance, responsiveness and durability.
The new, ultra-fine metal mesh touch system conductor design technology will be available on the company’s display products, ranging from 32- to 65-inches. This new technology breaks through previous technology barriers by maintaining high image quality and multi-touch responsiveness, and minimizing many known problems in other metal mesh PCAP systems, such as moiré and sparkle. The displays are durable enough for harsh commercial environments and 24/7 public use.
Notable features of the new 3M Multi-Touch PCAP Displays include:
- A fully-integrated chassis solution with 3M proprietary ultra-fine metal mesh design; highly tuned, multi-touch functionality that supports up to 80 simultaneous touch points
- Exceptional optical clarity, regardless of viewing angle
- A sleek, all-glass front surface featuring a bezel-free edge and modern design aesthetic
- Strengthened sensor glass to withstand the rigors of public environments and harsh conditions
- Customization for 2K and 4K applications across a wide range of sizes and display technologies
- The ability to accommodate many display orientations, including landscape, portrait, tabletop and various tilt angles
- An easy-to-clean, virtually “no wear” surface that provides operation unaffected by surface scratches
- An anti-glare surface for table-top applications or strong ambient lighting environments
- Operating systems compatibility with Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP, Linux and Mac OS
- Stable, life-cycle product availability
New 3M PCAP Multi-Touch Displays with Ultrafine Metal Mesh Design will be available for purchase in May 2016 and details are here.