Netgear Introduces WAX220 Wi-Fi 6 Access Point
Netgear introduced the WAX220 WiFi 6 Access Point. The dual-band WAX220 claims to provide a “budget-friendly WiFi solution as part of the NETGEAR Business Essentials line of access points, the WAX220 delivers the fastest WiFi speed under $200.”
Offering up to 4.2Gbps total Wi-Fi throughput and equipped with a 2.5 Gbps Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) port, the WAX220 uses Wi-Fi 6 Release 2 technology, which utilizes a “wider channel on the 5GHz band to deliver 100% more throughput than the previous release of Wi-Fi 6.” Compared to Wi-Fi 5 access points, the WAX220 claims to support 4x the client device connections, serving better speeds and less congestion at the endpoint.
An existing single router in a home or small business can have limited or no wireless capacity and range. By adding WAX220 or the other Netgear Business Essentials Access Point, WAX214, users can build a separate Wi-Fi network with better performance, coverage and security.
The WAX220 can be connected to a router via an Ethernet cable and powered by a power adapter. Alternatively, the WAX220 can be connected via an Ethernet cable to a Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) switch behind the router, such as the GS308PP from Netgear, which provides greater location flexibility and a single power-and-data cable connection. To cover a larger area, customers can add multiple WAX220 units to their network, configured with the same Wi-Fi network settings to cover different areas or create multiple independent Wi-Fi networks with unique passwords.
- Dual-band Wi-Fi 6 access point delivering up to 4.2Gbps of data throughput.
- Wi-Fi 6 Release 2 technology with wider 160MHz channelization on the 5GHz band for 100% more throughput than previous designs.
- WPA3 encryption for the highest level of Wi-Fi connection security.
- Each AP can support up to four separate wireless networks (SSIDs) to keep administration, employees, guests and IoT devices all separate.
- Two Wi-Fi streams on the 2.4GHz band and 3 Wi-Fi streams on the 5GHz band claim excellent transmit and receive capabilities.
- One multi-gigabit (2.5Gbps) Ethernet port with Power over Ethernet (PoE) for single cable power and data deployment.
- Multi-User Multiple Input Multiple Output (MU-MIMO) enabling maximum client density deployments with no interference.
- Optimized omnidirectional integrated antennas for maximum RF performance and coverage.
The Netgear WiFi 6 AX4200 Dual-band Access Point (WAX220) is available now on for $199.99.