NETGEAR Introduces GS108X Switch
NETGEAR just debuted the GS108X, an 8-port 10G SFP+ switch. The solution provides connectivity to a router (such as the NETGEAR PR60X) or a core switch for networking. With minimal management required, the GS108X is easy to set up and use for companies without dedicated IT support.
In addition to the 10G SFP+ port, NETGEAR says the GS108X switch comes with eight 1G ports that offer gigabit speed to overcome Ethernet overload so your connection is not slowed down or interrupted entirely. The company claims the “robust speeds” on each port can manage high-demand applications, allowing business operations to continue without worry.
The technical specifications of GS108X Switch:
- 8x Gigabit Ethernet ports for high bandwidth devices – Connect devices instantly and give each device the Gigabit speed needed.
- 1 SFP+ Fiber Uplink – Expand to a high-speed, long-distance connection for more than 100m. Requires fiber transceiver.
- 1 Plug-and-play, automatic connectivity to your router – No need for an IT expert or a complicated user manual, just plug-and-play.
- Flexible mounting options (desktop or wall mount) – Adapts to your needs and configuration in a home or business environment.
- LED to indicate activity on each port – Check port activity directly on the switch for network activity status.
- Auto-negotiation for automatic connection at the highest common speed between switch and end device – Automatically get the best of your device connectivity.
NETGEAR says the switch comes in a metal case that can live in a variety of places, including mounted on a wall or under a table. The fanless design also allows the switch to operate silently in a noise-sensitive environment. Advanced features of the switch include 802.1p traffic prioritization and jumbo frame support, allowing for integration with more sophisticated networks.
The GS108X is $99.99.