BTX BookIt Room Scheduling Signs Make EMEA Debut at ISE
This elegant, cost-effective and easy-to-deploy system is designed for scheduling any conference room on the network from a BookIT touch panel located outside a meeting room, a mobile device or computer.
“We are looking forward to launching BookIT internationally and showing ISE visitors the power of BookIT through our interactive booth demo,” said Greg Schwartz, president and CEO of BTX Technologies. “The sleek design fits into any décor and the intuitive interface requires little to no user training. Moreover, BookIT directly integrates with MS Exchange, Office 365 and Google G Suite, so no additional server or middleware is required. This greatly simplifies implementation and significantly reduces cost. We have Spanish and French available with other languages on the roadmap to be released soon.”
BookIT application features include:
- Meeting Room Calendar — At-a-glance room status is provided by the colored background of the main screen — green, gold and red. By clicking on the calendar button, a list of meetings can be viewed that are in the room the sign is assigned to. The list is scrollable for review of meetings out to the end of the booking period allowed in Exchange or Google.
- Schedule Meetings — Select “Add”, credentials are entered and meetings can be scheduled in any available room at any available time.
- Meeting Check-In — If a room isn’t checked in to within the configured amount of time, the room will automatically release making the room available for other users. This feature can be enabled, disabled or configured at any time by the administrator. Any user can check in for a meeting, no credentials are necessary.
- Release Meeting — If a meeting ends early, the meeting organizer can make the room available by simply releasing it on the BookIT touch panel display after entering their credentials. The end to a meeting will automatically be updated in the calendar of the meeting host, attendees and the room calendar.
- Extend Meeting — The meeting organizer can extend the meeting on the BookIT touch panel display after entering their credentials. A meeting can be extended for as long as needed based on the room’s availability.
- Delete Meeting — The meeting organizer can easily delete a meeting from a phone, computer or at the BookIT display. Only the meeting organizer can delete, release or extend a meeting.
- Support — Support on the screen can be touched to send a predefined message to the internal technical support team when there are issues in the room including video, audio or other technical meeting challenges.
- Available in English, Spanish and French, with more languages being added.
BookIT Application Settings:
- The secured settings area in the application include Room Account Setup, Application Settings, Return to Application and Close App. Adding a master password controls access to the application settings area.
- The background can easily be updated to a predefined series of options and the customers’ logo can be uploaded on to the display.
- Configure content and email addresses for the preconfigured technical support message at each sign.
- Device Management Portal is available so that application settings can be changed remotely for individual devices or all devices at once.
The system includes a 7″ BookIT PoE touch panel device, a surface mounting system (bracket included), BookIT Room Scheduling Software and power adapter (when PoE is unavailable). There are options for a recessed mount and a mullion mount for glass installations. All the tech specs are here.