Sony announced today the addition of four new audio-video receivers to join their current ES flagship model, the STR-ZA5000ES. The STR-ZA3100ES, STR-ZA2100ES, and STR-ZA1100ES were designed specifically to meet the needs of custom installers. All of these new models, including the new entry-level STR- ZA810ES, support 4K HDR capability and incorporate both Dolby AtmosTM and DTS:XTM immersive audio.
All of the expanded family of ES Audio-Video Receivers support network updates and include a multi-function Remote Commander that supports a variety of discrete operating codes. Also, all include Sony’s Auto Calibration technology, D.C.A.C. EX with Speaker Relocation. Utilizing a stereo microphone and 31 bands, D.C.A.C. EX compensates for less than ideal listening environments by closely simulating the sound field produced using optimally positioned and angled speakers. And a new feature called Phantom Surround Back provides a 7 channel surround experience with a 5 channel speaker configuration.
The STR-ZA1100ES and above models support ihiji, a cloud-based network management solution, and are compatible with most common controllers, including Crestron Connected. The STR-ZA3100ES and STR-ZA2100ES models can decode up to nine channels.
The STR-ZA3100ES, STR-ZA2100ES and STR-ZA1100ES models include a full range of features that address virtually every system integrator’s premium audio quality requirements. All of the new ES receivers are compatible with both Dolby Atmos and DTS:X and support a long list of legacy surround formats, including Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio. The receivers incorporate three DSPs, which reduce noise and provide clear sound localization and ambience. These processors are mounted, together with a high-grade electrolytic capacitor, on the receiver’s power line to ensure an ample supply of clean power and optimal performance.
Each of the new ES models includes six HDMI inputs (except the-ZA1100ES, which has five) and two outputs that provide full HDCP 2.2 compliance and supports the latest 4K 60p (4:4:4) Ultra HD content pass-through such as Ultra HD Blu-ray discs as well as video streaming in full 4K resolution and High Dynamic Range (HDR). It can also distribute both 4K video and multichannel audio simultaneously to two different zones. These new ES receivers are compatible with the new BT.2020 wide color gamut standard for future applications. Additionally, the four new ES receivers can upscale video to 4K 24p.
Here is each model:
- STR-ZA5000ES (current model), $2,799.99 MSRP, 9 x 130w, 11ch Decode, HDMI (6/2), Dolby Atmos/DTS:X, HDR/HDCP2.2, 8 port switch (2 POE), Pre out, Aluminum panel, Crestron Connected, Supporting ihiji
- STR-ZA3100ES (new in 2017), $1,699.99 MSRP, 7 x 110w, 9ch + Phantom 2ch Decode, HDMI (6/2), Dolby Atmos/DTS:X, HDR/HDCP2.2, 8 port switch (2 POE), Pre out, Crestron Connected, Supporting ihiji
- STR-ZA2100ES (new in 2017), $1399.99 MSRP, 7 x 105w, 9ch + Phantom 2ch Decode, HDMI (6/2), Dolby Atmos/DTS:X, HDR/HDCP2.2, 1 Ethernet, Crestron Connected, Supporting ihiji
- STR-ZA1100ES (new in 2017), $999.99 MSRP, 7 x 100w, 7ch + Phantom 2ch Decode, HDMI (5/2), Dolby Atmos/DTS:X, HDR/HDCP2.2, 1 Ethernet, Crestron Connected, Supporting ihiji
- STR-ZA810ES (new in 2017), $799.99 MSRP, 7 x 100w, 7ch + Phantom 2ch Decode, HDMI (6/2), Dolby Atmos/DTS:X, HDR/HDCP2.2, 1 Ethernet
Sony will ship them all this spring and here are all the specs.