ClearOne’s second generation Beamforming Microphone Array 2, introduced today, claims to be the industry’s most sophisticated audio beamforming, adaptive steering, acoustic echo cancellation, and noise cancellation technologies.
ClearOne’s original Beamforming Microphone Array was the audiovisual industry’s first professional grade microphone array with beamforming and adaptive acoustic steering. The Beamforming Microphone Array 2 has the following features:
- Enhanced echo canceling for demanding acoustic environments
- Faster convergence and better adaptation to changes in room acoustics, such as ambient noise from chairs moving, doors closing, chatter in the background, or any spikes in sound that alter the path of the audio
- Dramatically better mic pickup, sharpening the capability to detect softer voices
- Natural and clearly intelligible audio, even when two people speak at once
- Zero consumption of analog mic inputs in the CONVERGE Pro 2 DSP mixer
The Beamforming Microphone Array 2 operates on a new peripheral bus architecture that allows it to connect with ClearOne CONVERGE Pro 2 DSP mixers through a single cable that carries power, audio, and control. A common software application does everything, from configuration to management and monitoring of the arrays and mixers. Up to three Beamforming Microphone Array 2 units can be connected per CONVERGE Pro 2, and multiple mixers can interconnect with additional arrays to cover large areas. In this way, a large number of beamforming arrays can be daisy-chained together, and they can work in tandem with other ClearOne peripherals, such as the new DIALOG 20 Wireless Microphone System.
The Beamforming Microphone Array 2 is designed for a wide range of audio environments, including boardrooms, large- and medium-size conference rooms, large lecture halls, courtrooms, and telemedicine facilities. ClearOne’s second-generation Beamforming Microphone Array 2 is unequaled when it comes to delivering natural and superior-quality audio in a way that is transparent to conference participants.
The Beamforming Microphone Array 2 and other new ClearOne innovations will be on display at InfoComm 2016, June 8 to 10, in booth N1837 and it’s here.