Clear-Com Demos FreeSpeak II
At this year’s InfoComm, Clear-Com will unveil the new FreeSpeak II wireless base station, FreeSpeak II-Base II, that supports multiple frequencies and up to 25 wireless beltpacks, as well as the new fiber capable FreeSpeak II Splitter box (FSII-SPL) for connecting up to five transceiver modules. The complete FreeSpeak II system, including the recently-released beltpacks and transceiver antennas, can integrate seamlessly to Clear-Com’s intercom systems to provide a unified voice communication solution for virtually any production need.
FreeSpeak II-Base II Distinctive Features:
- A Base Station for digital signal transmission over 1.9GHz and 2.4GHz frequency bands with an intuitive cascade menu and a browser-based Core Configuration Manager (CCM) for system configuration and real-time system changes.
- Supports up to 25 full-duplex wireless beltpacks and covers a large production area with 10 distributed-antenna transceivers and two transceiver splitters spanning up to 3,200 feet away from the base station.
- Can be used with a headset as a Master Station for operators to communicate with anyone wired or wireless on the system.
- Two built-in optional SFP fiber connectors for enabling either a native single-mode or multi-mode fiber link between base stations and the new FreeSpeak II Splitter (FSII-SPL).
- Multiple two-wire and four-wire ports are also available to connect with any industry-standard analog partyline and four-wire audio devices, respectively.
Also being shown is the new FreeSpeak II Splitter (FSII-SPL): The new FSII Splitter connects up to five FreeSpeak II transceiver modules from one of two antenna ports on the FreeSpeak II-Base II via the SFP fiber connectors; offers five RJ45 Ethercon connectors, LED status indicators for each connection, and a DIP switch for setting CAT5 or Fiber operation. It can be mounted into the 1RU Splitter Rack, which holds up to two splitters, or on a microphone stand or against the wall. The box is IP-54 rated, approved for outdoor use, so water-protective housing will not be required.
“The new FreeSpeak II-Base II and splitter box perfectly complements this wireless intercom family by enhancing the entire system with an expanded functionality, improved interfacing and ease of use through real-time browser configuration and monitoring,” said Craig Fredrickson, product manager of Clear-Com.