Optoma Launches CinemaX D2 Series 4K UHD DLP-Based Home Theater Projectors
Optoma launched the Optoma CinemaX D2 Series, its next-generation true 4K UHD DLP-based home theater projectors. With built-in AndroidTV streaming from nearly every home app, the CinemaX D2 Smart is an ultra short throw projector. Optoma designed the CinemaX D2 and CinemaX D2 Smart projectors for both movies and gaming and added an Enhanced Gaming Mode, enabling gaming enthusiasts to experience blur-free visuals and low lag gaming with a 16ms response time in 4K at 60Hz and 4ms in 1080P at 240Hz.
Using DLP technology and Optoma’s DuraCore laser technology, the Optoma CinemaX D2 Series projectors can make up to a 100-inch image from less than a foot away from the projection surface. The Optoma CinemaX D2 projectors also feature eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) audio with support for Dolby Atmos pass-through, as well as RS-232 connectivity and three HDMI 2.0 inputs.
The CinemaX D2 projectors also feature 3,000 lumens, a 1,800,000:1 contrast ratio, and HDR and HLG compatibility in a black or white chassis, along with one remote control for the projector, which also activates the smart apps.
Additional features of the Optoma CinemaX D2 Series include:
- Resolution: 4K UHD (3,840 x 2,160)
- Lumens: 3,000 lumens
- Contrast: 1,800,000:1
- Android TV dongle / Streaming apps (CinemaX D2 Smart only)
- Color: REC.709, DCI-P3 wide color gamut
- Easy setup with geometry correction – 3×3 warping function
- HDR10 compatible
- Built-in Enhanced Gaming Mode with 16ms response time in 4K at 60Hz and 4ms in 1080P at 240Hz
- RS-232 connectivity
- I/O: Three HDMI 2.0 ports, eARC (HDMI 2), Dolby Atmos pass through
The Optoma CinemaX D2 and CinemaX D2 Smart are available for $2,499 and $2,699, respectively.