The Global Presence Alliance (GPA) has announced the formalization of leadership structure, forming a board and electing members. The organization, which offers customers a “framework of industry expertise,” in the design, engineering, integration and maintenance of AV and videoconferencing systems, now consists of eighteen member companies plus five affiliates from around the world. The membership has selected the following board members to lead the organization in 2014:
- Byron Tarry CTS, LEED AP, Director – Enterprise Solutions, Sharps Audio Visual, Americas
- Raymond Alves, Founder & CEO, VisionsConnected, EMEA
- Marc Atkinson, Divisional Head, Teljoy Business Systems, EMEA
- Philip Holtum, Managing Director, ProAV Solutions, APAC
- John Masters, Business Development & Marketing Director, AVMImpact, EMEA
- Julian Phillips, Executive Vice President, Whitlock, Americas
- Kaiesh Vohra, Vice President of Technology, ESCO, APAC
All board appointments are provisionally being made for one year with the opportunity for re-election for longer tenure in 2015. Byron Tarry of Sharps Audio Visual has been elected president. He has more than two decades of expertise in the AV industry, working on InfoComm projects such as the “AV Best Practices” Black Book and STEP. He is now on InfoComm’s PETC commitee.
The GPA members will meet next month at ISE in Amsterdam, as well as meet with vendors and potential members.
Learn more about GPA here.