Barco is introducing a new addition to its OverView LCD video-wall series. The OverView LVD5521B is a 55” 500-nit LCD solution that features a 1.8-mm seam, modular structure and the option of operating the (redundant) power supply remotely. It’s designed for control rooms, broadcast studios, corporate lobbies, experience centers, meeting rooms and signage applications. Other features include:
- 500-nit brightness and 44 percent haze;
- Integrated sensors in the back that use the Sense X algorithm to automatically and continuously calibrate color and brightness;
- Modular approach for easy servicing and less downtime;
- User-friendly video-wall setup and control interface via the LCD connect box;
- Clear and clean DOA procedure, with warranty period commencing upon activation;
- Fan-less solution for noiseless performance;
- Remote redundant power-supply option make the Overview LVD5521B suitable for 24/7 operations and mission-critical applications;
- Optional five-year service packages.
The OverView LVD5521B joins the OverView KVD5521B as part of Barco’s OverView LCD video wall portfolio — which complements the premium Barco UniSee platform. The extremely narrow bezel makes sure that the inter-modular seams are minimized.
The Barco OverView LCD portfolio is designed for mission critical applications snd they say the modular approach allows the input boards and power supplies to be quickly removed from the display for easy maintenance or replacement. This prevents downtime and speeds up servicing. The absence of cooling fans not only minimizes noise, but also eliminates moving parts (which are susceptible to wear), optimizing both the lifetime and the total cost of ownership (TCO).
The OverView LVD5521B builds on the platform approach of Barco’s latest generation indoor video walls. The use of the LCD Connect makes it easy to install and control the video wall, while enhancing user-friendliness. The integration of DisplayPort v1.2, which makes it possible to feed four displays in loop-through with 4K@60Hz content, is vital for easy connection with a limited number of cables.
The OverView LVD5521B will start shipping from June 2019 and here are the details.