Updated: July 18, 2020
Most (and now, as of late May, pretty much all) industry events past Q1 2020 have shifted or changed in light of COVID-19. We pulled together a list of AV or related events and trade shows on our radar, and included their event statuses to date. If you are a vendor/show manager and would like to be included in this list, please contact us at PR@ravepubs.com.
Note: rAVe recommends following the directions and information of government sources only — like the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization — for official directions, news and updates on the virus.
- February 24-26 (Mon.-Weds.): LED CHINA 2020, Shenzhen, China — POSTPONED (NEW DATES TO BE ANNOUNCED). Postponement two announcement from Informa Markets (March 24). Postponement one announcement from Informa Markets (March 6).
- March 4 (Weds.): NEC Showcase, San Jose, CA — EVENT COMPLETE
- March 9-13 (Mon.-Fri.): HIMSS Global Health Conference & Exhibition, Orlando, FL — LIVE CONFERENCE CANCELED / EVENT MOVED ONLINE. HIMSS20 Digital was released as a microsite to help viewers experience the education, innovation and collaboration of the HIMSS Global Health Conference & Exhibition. HIMSS members and HIMSS20 registrants could sign in to access all sessions and earn CE credits. If you were not a member or registrant, you could join HIMSS to view the content. The HIMSS Digital Exhibitor Show Guide — with exhibitor resources like webinars, video content and more — is, and continues to be, complimentary to all industry professionals.
- March 11 (Weds.): AVI LIVE, San Diego, CA — EVENT COMPLETE
- March 11 (Weds.): NEC Showcase, Tustin, CA — CANCELED
- March 11-12 (Wed.-Thurs.): Microsoft Ignite The Tour, Amsterdam — CANCELED
- March 12 (Thurs.): CEDIA Tech Summit, Vancouver, British Colombia, Canada — CANCELED
- March 13 (Fri.): Almo E4 Experience, Santa Clara, CA — CANCELED / REPLACED BY ALMO E4v IN MAY (COMPLETE). Almo’s E4 Evolution (or Almo E4v, for short), is an opportunity for resellers and integrators to connect virtually as a set of regional, virtual events expanding the E4 Experience. Officially announced in early May, the E4v is designed to help integrators and resellers evolve.
- March 17-20 (Tues.-Fri.): ISC West, Las Vegas, NV — POSTPONED TO OCT. 5-8, 2020. On April 9, ISC ISC West further postponed its show to October 5-8, 2020, the show to remain in Las Vegas. On March 6, ISC West originally announced it would postpone the show to July 20-22, 2020.
- March 25-26 (Wed.-Thurs.): Microsoft Ignite The Tour, Madrid — CANCELED
- March 26-28 (Thurs.-Sat.): InfoComm Beijing — POSTPONED TO SEPT. 28-30, 2020. From InfoCommAsia Pte Ltd. (March 25, via InfoComm China website): “The highly-anticipated Beijing InfoComm China 2020, which was postponed from its original March dates due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, is set to run from 28-30 September 2020 at the China National Convention Center (CNCC) …. With the 2020 show taking place in the later part of the year, InfoCommAsia has decided to schedule the 2021 show to 21 – 23 July 2021 to maintain a reasonable time frame between the two events.”
- March 30-April 2 (Mon.-Thurs.): Enterprise Connect, Orlando, FL — CANCELED / VIRTUAL EXPERIENCE PLANNED FOR AUG. 3-6, 2020. Enterprise Connect, originally planned for March 30-April 2, 2020, then rescheduled to August 3-6, 2020, has now been canceled. Enterprise Connect’s statement on its website reads: “After consultation with our stakeholders, we have decided to move Enterprise Connect 2020 to all-Virtual programs for the remainder of the year. It has become clear that gathering and travel restrictions, plus the uncertainty that COVID-19 has caused, make it impossible to bring the industry together in person this year. In place of our 2020 live event, Enterprise Connect 2020 will take place on line from August 3 – 6; in addition, we’ll be hosting smaller virtual programs June 15-26 and in November. We’ll be announcing more details on these virtual events shortly. Thank you for supporting Enterprise Connect and we look forward to seeing you Virtually later this year, and in person in Orlando next year.” Previously, rAVe [PUBS] reported on March 10 that Enterprise Connect Orlando 2020 was rescheduled for August 3-6, the conference to be moved to the Moscone Center in San Francisco, CA. Enterprise Connect also announced that several key elements of the Enterprise Connect program would be available in a virtual format during the week of March 30, when Enterprise Connect was originally scheduled to take place in Florida.
- March 30-April 2 (Mon.-Thurs.): CinemaCon, the Official Convention of The National Association of Theatre Owners (NATO), Las Vegas, NV — CANCELED. From CinemaCon/NATO (March 12, via social media): “After consultation with our attendees, trade show exhibitors, sponsors, and studio presenters, NATO has decided therefore to cancel CinemaCon 2020. We look forward to continuing the 10-year tradition of presenting the largest movie theater convention in the world and joining our attendees in future celebrations of the moviegoing experience.” CinemaCon 2021 is planned for April 26-29 in Las Vegas.
- March 31 (Tues.): CEDIA Tech Summit, Woodland Hills, CA — CANCELED. CEDIA’s Woodland Hills, CA, Tech Summit was canceled on March 13 after it was originally postponed.
- March 31 (Tues.): CEDIA Tech Summit, London — POSTPONED TO SEPT. 4, 2020. From CEDIA (March 13, via CEDIA website): “CEDIA has made the decision to postpone the London CEDIA Tech Summit planned for 31 March 2020, based on our close monitoring of ongoing developments and recent reports from public health officials nationally and locally. This event will now take place on 4 September 2020, and will remain at The Business Design Centre, Islington. The health of our sponsors, attendees, and staff is of the utmost importance to CEDIA. CEDIA is closely monitoring and following the travel and safety advice and precautions recommended by the World Health Organization (WHO) as well as by relevant government health agencies at a regional and local level.”
- March 31-April 3 (Tues.-Fri.): Digital Signage Expo (DSE), Las Vegas, NV — POSTPONED TO NOV. 11-13, 2020. Postponement two announcement (July 16): Show further postponed to November 11-13, 2020. Postponement one announcement (March 12): Show postponed to September 15-18, 2020, with access to the show floor Wednesday and Thursday, September 16-17.
- April 2 (Thurs.): CEDIA Tech Summit, Irvine, CA — CANCELED. CEDIA’s Irvine, CA, Tech Summit was canceled on March 13 after it was originally postponed.
- April 2-4 (Thurs.-Sat.): ISA International Sign Expo, Orlando, FL — POSTPONED TO AUG. 23-25, 2020. ISA Sign Expo is a trade show for the sign, graphics and visual communications industry. It’s housed 20,600 attendees and nearly 600 exhibitors innovating in wide-format printing, digital signage, LEDs, software and more. From ISA Sign Expo (March 11): “The conference will now occur Sunday, August 23 – Tuesday, August 25, with preconference sessions on Saturday, August 22. ISA Sign Expo will remain at the Orange County Convention Center.”
- April 3 (Fri.): Almo E4 Experience, Washington, DC — CANCELED / REPLACED BY ALMO E4v IN MAY (COMPLETE). Almo’s E4 Evolution (or Almo E4v, for short), is an opportunity for resellers and integrators to connect virtually as a set of regional, virtual events expanding the E4 Experience. Officially announced in early May, the E4v is designed to help integrators and resellers evolve.
- April 5-6 (Sun.-Wed.): HTSA (Home Technology Specialists of America) Spring Conference, Ft. Lauderdale, FL — CANCELED
- April 14 (Tues.): CEDIA Tech Summit, Dallas, TX — CANCELED. CEDIA’s Dallas, TX, Tech Summit was canceled on March 13 after it was originally postponed.
- April 14-16 (Tues.-Thurs.): InfoComm Brasil — POSTPONED TO OCT. 20-22, 2020. From TecnoMultimedia InfoComm Brasil 2020 (March 16, via AVIXA website): “After careful consideration through the advice of public health officials such as those from the World Health Organization (WHO) and government of Brasil, the organizers of TecnoMultimedia InfoComm Brasil 2020 have decided to postpone the show originally scheduled to take place 14-16 April 2020.”
- April 16 (Thurs.): CEDIA Tech Summit, Houston, TX — CANCELED. CEDIA’s Houston, TX, Tech Summit was canceled on March 13 after it was originally postponed.
- April 18-22 (Sat.-Weds.): NAB (National Association of Broadcasters) Show, Las Vegas, NV — CANCELED / REPLACED BY NAB SHOW EXPRESS IN MAY (COMPLETE). On March 20, NAB announced via its website that it would not move forward with the 2020 NAB Show as planned. Its original April event was made into a digital experience called NAB Show Express (May 13-14, 2020), which allowed attendees to convene online and discuss new solutions in the broadcast space. NAB is focused on enhancing its NAB Show New York later this year (for now, to be held October 21-22 in NYC).
- April 20-23 (Mon.-Thurs.): PSA TEC, Denver, CO — CANCELED. PSA TEC announced it would cancel its 2020 show after originally announcing in mid-March that it would be postponed. TEC 2021 is planned to take place May 3-6, 2021, in Denver, Colorado. Additionally, PSA TEC is planning an event in Hilton Head in October 2020: “While we had originally planned on this being the PSA Leadership Convention and USAV Fall Integrators Meetings, we have found ourselves with an opportunity to rethink the event entirely to serve our integrators and partners with specialized content and networking that will allow them to reinvent their businesses in a post COVID-19 economy.”
- April 22-23 (Wed.-Thurs.): Microsoft Ignite The Tour, Tel Aviv — CANCELED
- April 29-30 (Wed.-Thurs.): Microsoft Ignite The Tour, Berlin — CANCELED
- May 5-6 (Tues.-Wed.): Microsoft Ignite The Tour, Stockholm — CANCELED
- May 12-14 (Tues.-Thurs.): Ingram Micro Cloud Summit 2020, Miami Beach, FL — POSTPONED TO EARLY 2021. From Ingram Micro Cloud (March 4, via Ingram Micro Cloud website): “Registrants are encouraged to visit the Cloud Summit FAQ site for questions related to the rescheduling of the event.” Ingram Micro Cloud Summit 2021 will remain in Miami Beach.
- May 13 (Weds.): AVI LIVE, Minneapolis, MN — POSTPONED, LIKELY TO FALL 2020 (NEW DATES TO BE ANNOUNCED). From AVI LIVE (March 18, via AVI LIVE Minneapolis event page): “We’re postponing AVI LIVE in Minneapolis until the fall. The event will most likely be rescheduled for October 2020. The health and wellbeing of our attendees, exhibitors and partners, and staff are our top priority, which is why we’ve decided to push back the event until the fall. We also want to stay in compliance with recommendations set by the CDC and Minnesota Department of Health; both say to cancel or postpone events with 50 or more people for the next 8 weeks. CDC Recommendations. Minnesota DOH Recommendations. Check back for more updates in the weeks ahead. If you have questions or concerns, please contact our events team here: email@example.com.”
- May 14 (Thurs.): CEDIA Tech Summit, Toronto, Ontario, Canada — CANCELED. CEDIA has removed its Toronto Tech Summit event page from the CEDIA Tech Summit website, though it does not explicitly say that the Toronto CEDIA Tech Summit was canceled. We will update this page as we discover more information.
- May 27-29 (Wed.-Fri.): InfoComm Southeast Asia — CANCELED. InfoComm Southeast Asia 2020 was canceled on April 9, 2020. On March 5, InfoCommAsia Pte Ltd. previously announced that it would postpone its show (originally scheduled for May 27-29, 2020), to July 9-11, 2020. InfoComm Southeast Asia 2021 will take place May 19-21, 2021.
- June 2 (Tues.): CEDIA Tech Summit, Edinburgh — POSTPONED TO NOV. 17, 2020. From CEDIA (April 2, via CEDIA press release): Due to the ongoing circumstances surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19), CEDIA has made the decision to postpone the Edinburgh CEDIA Tech Summit planned for 02 June 2020. This event has been rescheduled to take place on 17 November 2020.”
- June 13-19 (Exhibits: June 17-19): InfoComm, Las Vegas, NV — LIVE CONFERENCE CANCELED / EVENT TO BE HELD VIRTUALLY AS “INFOCOMM CONNECTED” JUNE 16-18, 2020. On June 16-18, 2020, InfoComm 2020 will be holding a virtual experience in place of its live trade show in Vegas. This announcement comes after our breaking rAVe coverage that detailed updates from InfoComm on March 30, via InfoComm’s website and AVIXA’s press release on the cancellation. You can register for InfoComm Connected here.
- August 19-21 (Weds.-Fri.): Integrate, Sydney, Australia — CANCELED. Integrated announced on April 9 that it would cancel its 2020 show after originally announcing on March 18 that it would be postponed to later in the year. Integrate 2021 will take place August 24-26, 2021, in Melbourne.
- September 8-12 (Tues.-Sat.): CEDIA Expo, Denver, CO — CANCELED / VIRTUAL EXPERIENCE COMING IN SEPTEMBER. For the latest CEDIA Expo show update, CEDIA Expo 2020 will no longer occur in September in Denver. Per CEDIA, “While we are deeply disappointed that we will not be coming together in person this September, we are committed to keeping you connected and are already hard at work developing a virtual experience for our connected tech community. The CEDIA Expo virtual experience will launch in September and offer everything you need to take your residential tech business to the next level. From session panels surrounding hot topics to keynotes, product discovery, networking and an interactive expo hall.”
This article was last updated on July 18, 2020. It will continue to be updated as we receive new information.