Updated: March 27, 2020
A lot of industry events in the coming weeks and months have shifted or changed in light of COVID-19. We pulled together a list of AV or related events and trade shows on our radar, and included their event statuses to date. If you are a vendor/show manager and would like to be included in this list, please contact us at PR@ravepubs.com.
Note: rAVe recommends following the directions and information of government sources only — like the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization — for official directions, news and updates on the virus.
- March 4 (Weds.): NEC Showcase, San Jose, CA — EVENT COMPLETE
- March 9-13 (Mon.-Fri.): HIMSS Global Health Conference & Exhibition, Orlando, FL — LIVE CONFERENCE CANCELED / EVENT MOVED ONLINE. From HIMSS (March 11, via the HIMSS website): “Thank you to everyone who has shown us such strong support. We truly appreciate your understanding, as well as your excitement to reform the global health ecosystem through the power of information and technology. While we’re unable to convene in person this week, our dedicated HIMSS staff is working hard to provide each of you with education and thought leadership opportunities. We’re excited to announce that HIMSS20 Digital is kicking off soon, and we can’t wait to deliver a great digital experience in the days and weeks to come. Please note that you may receive emails or announcements for presentations and sessions that are not directly affiliated with HIMSS. For updates on the official HIMSS20 Digital, please continue to visit our website for more information.”
- March 11 (Weds.): AVI LIVE, San Diego, CA — EVENT COMPLETE
- March 11 (Weds.): NEC Showcase, Tustin, CA — CANCELED. From NEC (March 6, via NEC website): “NEC Display Solutions holds the safety, health, and well-being of our customers, partners, and employees in utmost priority. With these values in mind, we have decided to cancel the showcase planned for Wednesday, March 11th in Tustin, Orange County, California. This decision was not made lightly, and it was the result of careful consideration and listening to our partners and end users who planned on attending. We thank all of those who have shown interest in the event and supported us. We hope to return to the area to host a similar event in the future.”
- March 11-12 (Wed.-Thurs.): Microsoft Ignite The Tour, Amsterdam — CANCELED
- March 12 (Thurs.): CEDIA Tech Summit, Vancouver, British Colombia, Canada — CANCELED. From CEDIA (March 10, via CEDIA website): “CEDIA has made the decision to cancel the Vancouver CEDIA Tech Summit planned for March 12, 2020 after close monitoring of ongoing developments with the coronavirus (COVID-19), recent reports from public health officials, and consultation with the government of British Columbia. CEDIA does plan to reschedule this event later in the year.”
- March 13 (Fri.): Almo E4 Experience, Santa Clara, CA — CANCELED. From Almo (March 5, via Almo press release): “Almo Professional A/V, the Pro A/V industry’s most dynamic distributor and creator of the award-winning E4 Experience, today announced it has canceled E4 Experience Santa Clara, scheduled for March 13 due primarily to company-mandated travel restrictions placed on E4 Experience exhibitors and educators. According to Melody Craigmyle, vice president of marketing communications for Almo Corporation, ‘Given that California declared a state of emergency over public health concerns about COVID-19 this week, combined with the fact that many of our exhibitors and educators have travel restrictions, we have made the decision to cancel E4 Experience Santa Clara. The health and safety of our staff, exhibitors, educators and attendees is first and foremost and we feel that this decision is in the best interest of everyone at this time.'”
- March 17-20 (Tues.-Fri.): ISC West, Las Vegas, NV — POSTPONED TO JULY 20-22, 2020. From ISC Security News (March 13, via ISC West website): “We at ISC West want to express our concern for everyone impacted by the COVID-19 coronavirus. Based on our close monitoring of ongoing developments with the virus, recent reports from public health officials and extensive consultation with our partners in the global security community, ISC West, scheduled to be held March 17-20, will now occur will now occur on July 20-22 at the Sands Expo Center in Las Vegas.”
- March 25-26 (Wed.-Thurs.): Microsoft Ignite The Tour, Madrid — CANCELED
- March 26-28 (Thurs.-Sat.): InfoComm China, Beijing — POSTPONED TO SEPT. 28-30, 2020. From InfoCommAsia Pte Ltd. (March 25, via InfoComm China website): “The highly-anticipated Beijing InfoComm China 2020, which was postponed from its original March dates due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, is set to run from 28-30 September 2020 at the China National Convention Center (CNCC) …. With the 2020 show taking place in the later part of the year, InfoCommAsia has decided to schedule
the 2021 show to 21 – 23 July 2021 to maintain a reasonable time frame between the two events.”
- March 30-April 2 (Mon.-Thurs.): Enterprise Connect, Orlando, FL — POSTPONED TO AUG. 3-6, 2020, AND MOVED TO SAN FRANCISCO, CA. Breaking rAVe [PUBS] coverage reported from Enterprise Connect website (March 10): “After consultation with our stakeholders over the last few days, we have made the difficult decision to postpone Enterprise Connect Orlando 2020. It has become clear that for a large majority of the Enterprise Connect community, the travel restrictions and uncertainty that coronavirus has caused, has impacted our ability to gather the industry at the end of the month. Knowing how important Enterprise Connect is for the industry, we are pleased to announce that the event has been rescheduled and will now take place on August 3-6 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco, CA. In addition, we will be presenting several key elements of the Enterprise Connect program on-line in a virtual format during the week of March 30, when Enterprise Connect was originally scheduled to take place. We’ll be announcing more details on both the virtual and in-person programs for August shortly. For more details visit our FAQ page.”
- March 30-April 2 (Mon.-Thurs.): CinemaCon, the Official Convention of The National Association of Theatre Owners (NATO), Las Vegas, NV — CANCELED. From CinemaCon/NATO (March 12, via social media): “It is with great regret we are announcing the cancellation of CinemaCon 2020. Each spring, motion picture exhibitors, distributors and industry partners from around the world meet in Las Vegas to share information and celebrate the moviegoing experience. This year, due to the travel ban from the European Union, the unique travel difficulties in many other areas of the world and other challenges presented by the Coronavirus pandemic, a significant portion of the worldwide motion picture community is not able to attend CinemaCon. While local outbreaks vary widely in severity, the global circumstances make it impossible for us to mount the show that our attendees have come to expect. After consultation with our attendees, trade show exhibitors, sponsors, and studio presenters, NATO has decided therefore to cancel CinemaCon 2020. We look forward to continuing the 10-year tradition of presenting the largest movie theater convention in the world and joining our attendees in future celebrations of the moviegoing experience.”
- March 31 (Tues.): CEDIA Tech Summit, Woodland Hills, CA — POSTPONED (ALTERNATE DATE TO BE ANNOUNCED). From CEDIA (March 19, via CEDIA website): “We at CEDIA would like to express our concern for everyone impacted by the COVID-19 coronavirus. Based on our close monitoring of ongoing developments and recent reports from public health officials nationally and locally, CEDIA has decided to postpone the Woodland Hills Tech Summit scheduled for March 31, 2020. The health and safety of our staff and anyone planning to attend our events is of the utmost importance to CEDIA. As such, we believe this is the most prudent action to take at this time. We’re working to reschedule the event and will share those details as soon as they are available.”
- March 31 (Tues.): CEDIA Tech Summit, London — POSTPONED TO SEPT. 4, 2020. From CEDIA (March 13, via CEDIA website): “CEDIA has made the decision to postpone the London CEDIA Tech Summit planned for 31 March 2020, based on our close monitoring of ongoing developments and recent reports from public health officials nationally and locally. This event will now take place on 4 September 2020, and will remain at The Business Design Centre, Islington. The health of our sponsors, attendees, and staff is of the utmost importance to CEDIA. CEDIA is closely monitoring and following the travel and safety advice and precautions recommended by the World Health Organization (WHO) as well as by relevant government health agencies at a regional and local level.”
- March 31-April 3 (Tues.-Fri.): Digital Signage Expo (DSE), Las Vegas, NV — POSTPONED TO SEPT. 15-18, 2020. Breaking rAVe [PUBS] coverage reported from DSE/Exponation, LLC-distributed email (March 12): “We have decided to postpone DSE 2020 to the late summer or early fall. This was not an easy decision to make, but the escalation of travel bans and Coronavirus cases dictates this action.” Latest public statement from DSE (March 25, via DSE website): “Digital Signage Expo (DSE) announced today that its 2020 event has been rescheduled to be held at the Las Vegas Convention Center South Hall Three on September 15-18, with access to the show floor Wednesday and Thursday, September 16-17.”
- April 2 (Thurs.): CEDIA Tech Summit, Irvine, CA — POSTPONED (ALTERNATE DATE TO BE ANNOUNCED). From CEDIA (March 19, via CEDIA website): “We at CEDIA would like to express our concern for everyone impacted by the COVID-19 coronavirus. Based on our close monitoring of ongoing developments and recent reports from public health officials nationally and locally, CEDIA has decided to postpone the Irvine Tech Summit scheduled for April 2, 2020. The health and safety of our staff and anyone planning to attend our events is of the utmost importance to CEDIA. As such, we believe this is the most prudent action to take at this time. We’re working to reschedule the event and will share those details as soon as they are available.”
- April 3 (Fri.): Almo E4 Experience, Washington, DC — CANCELED. From Almo (March 12, via Almo website): “With the declaration of states of emergency due to coronavirus, many of our exhibiting companies and education partners have instituted travel restrictions that prohibit them from attending our spring events. Due to these developments, we regret to inform you that we’ve made the difficult decision to cancel the E4 Experiences in Santa Clara and Washington D.C. The health and safety of our attendees, exhibitors, educators and staff is paramount and we feel that this decision is in the best interest of everyone at this time. We remain committed to your success and look forward to our continued partnership and joining you again in the future.”
- April 5-6 (Sun.-Wed.): HTSA (Home Technology Specialists of America) Spring Conference, Ft. Lauderdale, FL — CANCELED. From The Stratecon Group/HTSA Board of Directors (March 13, via HTSA-distributed email): HTSA’s Board of Directors places the utmost importance on the safety, health, and well-being of all HTSA staff, members, vendors, and all those at the resort location of our planned HTSA Spring Conference scheduled for April 6-8 in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. Accordingly, after careful consideration of the recommendations from the World Health Organization (WHO), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and federal, state, and local health authorities, the Board has decided that the prudent course of action is to cancel the HTSA Spring Conference. We wish to thank the Marriott Harbor Beach for their understanding during this very challenging time for us all and look forward to hosting an upcoming Conference at their beautiful property. All Spring Conference room bookings will be canceled automatically. The HTSA Fall Conference, currently planned for October 27-29 in Dallas, TX, is expected to continue as scheduled. On behalf of the Board, the HTSA staff wishes you, your families and colleagues good health as we progress through these formidable days.”
- April 14 (Tues.): CEDIA Tech Summit, Dallas, TX — POSTPONED (ALTERNATE DATE TO BE ANNOUNCED). From CEDIA (March 19, via CEDIA website): “We at CEDIA would like to express our concern for everyone impacted by the COVID-19 coronavirus. Based on our close monitoring of ongoing developments and recent reports from public health officials nationally and locally, CEDIA has decided to postpone the Dallas Tech Summit scheduled for April 14, 2020. The health and safety of our staff and anyone planning to attend our events is of the utmost importance to CEDIA. As such, we believe this is the most prudent action to take at this time. We’re working to reschedule the event and will share those details as soon as they are available.”
- April 16 (Thurs.): CEDIA Tech Summit, Houston, TX — POSTPONED (ALTERNATE DATE TO BE ANNOUNCED). From CEDIA (March 19, via CEDIA website): “We at CEDIA would like to express our concern for everyone impacted by the COVID-19 coronavirus. Based on our close monitoring of ongoing developments and recent reports from public health officials nationally and locally, CEDIA has decided to postpone the Houston Tech Summit scheduled for April 16, 2020. The health and safety of our staff and anyone planning to attend our events is of the utmost importance to CEDIA. As such, we believe this is the most prudent action to take at this time. We’re working to reschedule the event and will share those details as soon as they are available.”
- April 18-22 (Sat.-Weds.): National Association of Broadcasters (NAB), Las Vegas, NV — CANCELED. From NAB (March 20, via NAB website): “NAB is dedicated to supporting the global push to limit the spread and impact of COVID-19, and we have made the difficult decision not to move forward with the 2020 NAB Show as planned. We remain committed to providing value and platforms for our industry to connect, and are exploring options for transforming our April event into short- and long-term digital offerings, starting with NAB Show Express this April, that will allow our attendees to convene online. We are also focused on enhancing NAB Show New York later this year. Please see below for a message from NAB’s President and CEO Gordon H. Smith, along with some FAQs about these developments.”
- April 20-23 (Mon.-Thurs.): PSA TEC, Denver, CO — POSTPONED (ALTERNATE DATES TO BE ANNOUNCED). From PSA Security (March 16, via PSA TEC website): “We will not be holding TEC 2020 April 20 – 23rd due to COVID-19 concerns. We are currently working on dates later in the year and will share them as soon as they are finalized. We ask you not to cancel your registration or sponsorship at this point. Our hope is that you can join us for our rescheduled event. You will need to cancel any hotel reservations you booked for your staff directly with the Sheraton Downtown Denver as well as your flights for the original April dates. That information, as well as more, is included below in the frequently asked questions we’ve compiled. If you have other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.”
- April 22-23 (Wed.-Thurs.): Microsoft Ignite The Tour, Tel Aviv — CANCELED
- April 29-30 (Wed.-Thurs.): Microsoft Ignite The Tour, Berlin — CANCELED
- May 5-6 (Tues.-Wed.): Microsoft Ignite The Tour, Stockholm — CANCELED
- May 12-14 (Tues.-Thurs.): Ingram Micro Cloud Summit 2020, Miami Beach, FL — POSTPONED TO EARLY 2021. From Ingram Micro Cloud (March 4, via Ingram Micro Cloud website): Since first convening in 2009, Cloud Summit is the premier global event that brings together innovators and problems solvers to help the world do more. Ingram Micro Cloud has been closely monitoring the situation surrounding the outbreak of COVID-19 (coronavirus). The health and well-being of all attendees and exhibitors is the company’s top priority and out of an abundance of caution, the company announced today it will postpone this year’s Cloud Summit to early 2021. ‘We want to thank our speakers, partners, sponsors and the City of Miami Beach for their support in making this difficult—but correct—decision,’ said Adam Christensen, head of Cloud Global Marketing and Communications at Ingram Micro. ‘We look forward to our next gathering of cloud leaders and innovators as we continue to support growth in the cloud ecosystem.’ Registrants are encouraged to visit the Cloud Summit FAQ site for questions related to the rescheduling of the event.”
- May 13 (Weds.): AVI LIVE, Minneapolis, MN — POSTPONED, LIKELY TO FALL 2020 (NEW DATES TO BE ANNOUNCED). From AVI LIVE (March 18, via AVI LIVE Minneapolis event page): “We’re postponing AVI LIVE in Minneapolis until the fall. The event will most likely be rescheduled for October 2020. The health and wellbeing of our attendees, exhibitors and partners, and staff are our top priority, which is why we’ve decided to push back the event until the fall. We also want to stay in compliance with recommendations set by the CDC and Minnesota Department of Health; both say to cancel or postpone events with 50 or more people for the next 8 weeks. CDC Recommendations. Minnesota DOH Recommendations. Check back for more updates in the weeks ahead. If you have questions or concerns, please contact our events team here: firstname.lastname@example.org.”
- May 14 (Thurs.): CEDIA Tech Summit, Toronto, Ontario, Canada — STILL ON. As of March 13, per CEDIA, “The remaining 2020 Tech Summits will take place as scheduled. This situation is very fluid right now and should a cancellation or a reschedule need to occur, we will notify all relevant participants and attendees.” Check back with our story for updates/changes on the status of this event.
- June 2 (Tues.): CEDIA Tech Summit, Edinburgh — STILL ON. As of March 13, per CEDIA, “The remaining 2020 Tech Summits will take place as scheduled. This situation is very fluid right now and should a cancellation or a reschedule need to occur, we will notify all relevant participants and attendees.” Check back with our story for updates/changes on the status of this event.
- June 13-19 (Exhibits: June 17-19): InfoComm, Las Vegas, NV — STILL ON. From InfoComm (March 12, via rAVe-exclusive interview): “In an exclusive interview with AVIXA CEO, David Labuskes, this morning, Dave emphasized that, ‘Naturally we all want an InfoComm 2020 show but, everyone’s concern right now should be on themselves, their families and our friends.’ He continued, ‘It wouldn’t be prudent of us to make the decision to hold or cancel InfoComm 2020 at this moment in time. This is an evolving situation and we’re addressing, day-by-day, decisions to hold any and all of our events — including our educational classes and conferences.’ Dave stressed that AVIXA is well-aware of the short- and long-term financial impact of what’s going on in the industry right now and stated they are focused on, as AVIXA always is, on how to help, support and drive the industry forward, positively. But, he was clear that here, on March 13, 2020, it would be premature to make any decision or statement regarding a June show – a show, by the way, that, as off today is 1300 attendees higher than 2019 registration numbers at this same time.” Latest public statement from InfoComm/AVIXA (March 25, via InfoComm website): “Proceeding as planned, June 13-19, 2020 at the Las Vegas Convention Center. The show management of InfoComm and the executive staff of AVIXA are continuing to monitor all available information surrounding COVID-19, and our thoughts and support continue to be with those affected across the world. Although there are no further updates while we await further social distancing and travel notifications via public health authorities, please review the information below for staying informed during this rapidly evolving situation.”
- August 19-21 (Weds.-Fri.): Integrate, Sydney, Australia — POSTPONED (ALTERNATE DATES TO BE ANNOUNCED). From Integrate (March 18, via Integrate website): “After many weeks of monitoring the evolving situation around Coronavirus (COVID-19), talking to the industry and consulting with our partners, we have made the difficult decision that Integrate will no longer take place on 19-21 August 2020. The success, as well as the safety, of our exhibitors and visitors, has always been our priority and this continues to be the case.” Our rAVe coverage includes more of the full announcement from Integrate, further informing the industry: “We put our customers at the heart of what we do, and this decision has been particularly difficult due to the importance of this event to our industry. Many companies rely on it to meet new and current customers. However, following the recent Government advice on social distancing, travel restrictions, and the logistics required before the event, postponement is unavoidable. We are in uncharted territory and carrying on with the current dates would not be in the best interests of you or the rest of our community.” Show organizers said they still intend to have a show in 2020 in Sydney and plan to have details on when and where within the month. The full statement from Diversified Communications is here.
- September 8-12 (Tues.-Sat.): CEDIA Expo, Denver, CO — STILL ON. From CEDIA/Emerald (March 27, via CEDIA-distributed email): “In light of the global COVID-19 situation, and given the fluid nature of ongoing developments surrounding the pandemic that are affecting our day-to-day lives and each of your businesses, we wanted to send you a brief update on the tools, resources and insights Emerald and our partner CEDIA are making available in support of you and your business during these challenging time. It goes without saying that the health, safety and well-being of each member of this incredible community, and that of our team, are of the utmost importance to us. We are very closely monitoring the situation, following CDC guidelines and we remain in close contact with the Colorado Convention Center as well as Visit Denver. That said, CEDIA Expo is still scheduled to take place as planned, September 8-12, 2020 in Denver, CO. However, we would encourage you to visit www.cediaexpo.com for updates and we will certainly reach out with any additional information as it becomes available.”
This article was last updated on March 27, 2020. It will continue to be updated as we receive new information.