Yet Another Wireless Presentation System Debuts – This One is (Mostly) Only Software
Little-known Squirrels LLC today released a product called Ditto, a wireless presentation system for macOS, Windows, Android, iOS and Chrome OS devices. A wireless-only presentation system using only software, it allows for any device to connect to a display via an AppleTV, Chromecast or their own Ditto recover (if you don’t have a wireless set-top box).
Using a subscription model, a room is $16 per month or $150 per year. It is software-based so you have to run an application on the devices — that’s what’s licensed. Just like Extron’s ShareLink or an Apple TV system, you enter in a Room Code to connect to the device and screen-cast your screen to the connected display or projector. It’s a bit complicated for a software-only system in that you need various software apps depending on the source — for example:
- Ditto Connect for iOS connects an iPhone or iPad to a Ditto receiver.
- Ditto Connect for Android connects an Android device to any Ditto receiver, including Apple TV.
- Ditto tvOS Receiver turns an Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD into a Ditto receiver that’s capable of wirelessly displaying Windows, Android, macOS and iOS devices.
- Ditto Windows Receiver is capable of wirelessly displaying iOS, Android, macOS and Windows devices. Admins can also enable Chrome OS mirroring.
The Ditto Windows Receiver features include:
- Screen mirror multiple devices simultaneously
- Custom branding
- Multitask on the receiver while mirroring (extended desktop)
Ditto claims to provide error-free connections no matter how many Ditto receivers are deployed on an organization’s network and devices can connect to Ditto receivers even on restrictive corporate networks that block multicast DNS (mDNS) discovery.
Here are the details.