Yamaha today introduced TF-RACK, a compact rack-mount version of the company’s TF Series digital mixing consoles. TF-RACK offers all of the features found in TF Series desktop models released in 2015, and is intended for smaller or more portable venues, particularly when a proper mix position may not be available.
TF-RACK is in a 3U rack space and is aimed at smaller live music venues, a portable house of worship or in a meeting hall. The rack-mount edition carries the same core engine – Steinberg Nuendo Live recording software, apps for mixing and expansion capabilities – as each of the other models.
In addition, the TF Series rack-mount mixer will ship with firmware version 3.0 that adds full fader views on its touch screen, the ability to add an administrator password, and many other enhancements. Yamaha has also partnered with Ultimate Ears, a premier supplier of in-ear monitoring products to create presets for the TF Series to provide stunning sonic clarity for the performer.
Like its desktop counterparts, TF-RACK is compatible with TF StageMix for wireless Wi-Fi remote mixing via iPad, and the MonitorMix app for aux send mixing via most smartphones or tablet PCs. Since it is not Wi-Fi dependent, TF-RACK sets a new standard for reliability in mixing, allowing it to maintain its full functionality even if the network goes offline. Users can simply continue mixing on the touch screen or opt to use it as their primary control surface as they wish.
- 16+1 stereo inputs, 16 outputs
- 1-knob COMP and 1-knob EQ for fast, easy control over your sound
- GainFinder input setup for optimum gain structure
- QuickPro Presets optimized microphone, music and output presets that include popular model choices from Audio-Technica, Sennheiser, Shure and Ultimate Ears
- Instant loading single step scene recall
- Expansion capabilities of up to two stage boxes, as needed
- TouchFlow Operation for easy, efficient control combining Select Channel and Cetralogic interfaces with the touch screen functionality
- A comprehensive range of I/O connections directly on the rear panel
- An optional NY64-D Dante I/O card and Tio1608-D I/O rack