So there I was, cruising the market of the Android apps (as I often do), when I happened upon yet another cool free control application. This one was just released by Western Digital, specifically for the use of its WD TV® Live Hub™ media center or WD TV Live™ streaming media players.
This one (just like every other I can think of) allows you to control said boxes of the streaming variety to be controlled over WiFi via your network (assuming you have the WD set top box hard wired. And, I’m sure you do, because otherwise you wouldn’t have any of the cool online features, like Spotify and such to stream . No? Go do that, it’s cool I’ll wait…) at the press of a button, and I’m not going to lie, it’s pretty sweet.
• Control your WD TV from anywhere in your house using your wireless network
• Get one-touch access to launch any online service available on your WD TV
• Enter text using your Android Smartphone or tablet keyboard
• Use the gesture pad for quick and easy navigation
• Connect multiple Android mobile devices with the WD Remote app and conveniently play multiplayer games
• Android device running mobile operating system version 2.1 or higher
• WD TV Live Hub media center or WD TV Live streaming media player (Gen 3, released October 2011)
• Wireless access to your WD TV media player on your network (Your media player may be connected to your network via Ethernet port or wirelessly)
Overall, I like this app because one, its way cooler and has more buttons than the simple and easy to lose remote that the WD boxes comes with, two, it has gesture control and a few cool swipe features, and Three, ITS FREE!!!
So, if you have one of the above mentioned boxes and an Android enabled device running 2.1 (FROYO) or higher, what are you waiting for? Head over to the Android Market and download “ WD TV Remote ”, then report back here with your comment below so we can compare notes, go ahead, I’ll be here streaming a little stream …