Waves Audio is now shipping Waves SuperRack, the plugin processing software for live sound and broadcast engineers. The Waves SuperRack plugin rack lets users run up to 128 audio channels through multiple instances of Waves plugins with near-zero latency and offers endless customization options that make it easy for users to tailor the application to their mixing workflow.
Waves SuperRack operates in a SoundGrid audio-over-Ethernet network. It works by processing audio on a dedicated SoundGrid DSP server, which moves plugin processing from the host computer to an external DSP server. This increases plugin count, minimizes latency and enables the host and I/O devices to be far apart from one another while accommodating complex setups.
Features of Waves SuperRack include:
- View and control multiple plugin instances simultaneously
- Multitouch-friendly graphic interface
- Expand your workspace to up to four monitors
- Easily tweak small plugin parameters with a “touch and slide” fader
- Quickly access up to 12 plugins per snapshot via the Hot Plugins panel
- Map application and plugin controls to MIDI and computer keyboard for quick hands-on access
- Switch inputs and outputs while maintaining processing chains
- Adjust multiple racks simultaneously with the “linking” function
- Share SoundGrid I/Os in a network to build complex setups
- Selectively recall snapshots via extended scope filter
- Comprehensive device and network monitoring
- Advanced latency alignment management
- Host mirroring (DiGiCo) and DSP server redundancy
Here are the specs for the Waves SuperRack.