Waves Audio is now shipping the Waves Primary Source Expander (PSE) plugin. PSE lets users reduce stage bleed and sensitivity to feedback when a mic is idle by automatically lowering mic levels between musical phrases — designed for live sound and for mixing live recordings.
PSE works like a fader that smoothly attenuates the channel’s level when the source goes below the threshold that’s been set. The user determines both the threshold and the amount of attenuation. Reducing stage noise leakage when microphones are idle will help users get an overall mix that is more coherent, more focused, and has better phase relations.
PSE also provides advanced sidechain and ducking controls for greater consistency and precision when treating complex live scenarios. Whether mixing FOH or monitors in a live venue or working on a live recording in the studio, PSE will ensure that mics are as loud and clean as they can be, while preserving the source’s original tone and the natural ambience of the location.
Waves Primary Source Expander plugin features:
- Reduces stage bleed and sensitivity to feedback when mics are idle
- Smoothly attenuates levels when source drops below the threshold defined
- User-friendly GUI for quick operation – set and forget
- Internal and external sidechain with HP/LP filters
- Ducking mode for added precision in complex live scenarios
- Release time presets