Waves Audio is now shipping the new, enhanced version of its SoundGrid Studio software for real-time audio processing and networking. SoundGrid Studio is the software used to control a Waves SoundGrid-powered system for real-time recording and monitoring, plug-in DSP offload for mixing and flexible audio networking.
SoundGrid allows producers, engineers and musicians to:
- Record and monitor with plug-ins in real-time, at ultra-low latency of only 0.8 milliseconds, by combining
- SoundGrid Studio software with a SoundGrid audio interface and a SoundGrid DSP server.
- Mix plug-in-rich sessions, by offloading all plug-in processing from your main computer to a SoundGrid DSP server.
- Collaborate with other producers and musicians, by connecting different computers, audio interfaces, hardware synths and other studio devices in a flexible, scalable open system.
The new SoundGrid Studio software includes significant updates to both the SoundGrid Studio control panel and the included eMotion ST studio mixer:
- A new control room section that allows you to toggle easily between multiple sources and multiple monitors.
- New advanced headphone monitoring options, allowing you to create up to 16 personalized headphone mixes for musicians.
- Newly added ability to stream audio between up to 14 audio interfaces, and to share the same audio interface between multiple computers.
- Updated interface for both the SoundGrid Studio control panel and the eMotion ST mixer, with a new layered design, an updated patch bay and more.
- The ability to stream up to 128 plug-in channels from the included StudioRack plug-in chainer.
- Full compatibility with the Waves Abbey Road Studio 3 and Nx plug-ins, for spatial 3D headphone monitoring.
- Full compatibility with the latest V11 version of all Waves plug-ins.
SoundGrid Studio comes in four configurations: a free version with eight channels of the eMotion ST mixer, and the option to upgrade to premium versions with 16, 32 and 64 channels.
The free eight-channel version of SoundGrid Studio can be downloaded here.