Waves Audio is now shipping the WRC-1 Wi-Fi Stage Router. The Waves WRC-1 Stage Router is a rack-mountable wireless router, explicitly designed for pro-audio applications such as onstage IEM control. The WRC-1 is ideal for use with the Waves MyMon in-ear monitor mixing app, as well as other audio setups that require secure and robust Wi-Fi connectivity, such as remote control of audio consoles and PA equipment in venues, stage productions, houses of worship, etc., all of which require a robust Wi-Fi router solution. The WRC-1 can also be used in various facilities (corporate, educational, etc.) as a DLNA player for simplified audio playback.
To serve the unique needs of live sound engineers, stage productions and other live audio and AV environments, the WRC-1 offers unique benefits that go beyond standard router features: rack-mountable design, made specifically for audio equipment racks; rugged and robust industrial build; and stronger RF distribution to secure dependable and steady communication.
The Waves WRC-1 comes with basic router management software to control the most common features required by users. In addition, an advanced set of router configuration features is accessible by installing a free advanced firmware package.
WRC-1 Wi-Fi Stage Router features:
- Rugged 19-inch rack-mountable metal chassis (1U)
- Simultaneous dual-band operation (2.4 gigahertz and 5 GHz)
- Five 10/100/1000 (1 WAN and 4 LAN) Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Two pro-grade lockable RJ45 ports and three standard RJ45 ports
- DLNA player with balanced analog outputs (XLR L/R)
- Integrated USB3 hub with fast charging for mobile devices
- Internal universal power supply