Utelogy Corporation Unveils New Utelligence Program
The new Utelligence program is Utelogy’s metrics, analytics and insights platform for AV and UCC installs. As you likely know, a major component of the Utelogy platform is device drivers. Drivers communicate with the AV hardware and UC soft codecs that Utelogy monitors, manages and controls. This is the point where metric data is first captured for use in analytics, reporting, rules processing and more. Utelogy supports more than 3,000 devices with a Global Driver Library (that the company says is growing on a weekly basis).
A Utelligent device will adhere to the following standards:
- Uses Secure Protocols — i.e., SSH, HTTPS, WSS
- Multisocket Connectivity — Supporting multiple concurrent socket connections to the same port of a device allows for scenarios when multiple platforms can communicate with the same device at the same time. For instance, Utelogy could communicate with a device to deliver management and monitoring, while an existing control platform is communicating with it as well.
- API — A wide array of intelligence is delivered, particularly on the reporting side with the ability to provide information such as temperature, fan speed, signal sync, input status and physical connectivity.
- Intelligent Responses — For example, when the device is queried, the response delivered is “Temperature=22,” rather than simply replying back “22.”
- Delivers Unsolicited Status Updates — If the state of the device changes, it tells Utelogy without Utelogy needing to query or request that data.