The Daily Raff: ISE 2024 Day 1 Thoughts
Hello, everyone! Welcome back to our ISE 2024 coverage and officially Day One of the show! What a first day it has been. I made sure to carve out some time to run around and grab some information on some newly released products, I interviewed executives at Shure, Xyte and Lenovo and I even met with a cybersecurity expert to learn more about cybersecurity within a control room setting. Now, the only thing I have left today is to attend the keynote, info linked below:
And, yes, you read that right. The director of the upcoming “Star Wars” installment will give the opening keynote this evening at 5 p.m. CET. I can’t wait to learn about storytelling from Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy. Storytelling is important to AV as content is becoming much more of a conversation. I think her insights will be valuable to anyone from the industry.
But let’s see … what are my thoughts about today. Well, first, this is the most crowded ISE I’ve ever seen. There were some halls I couldn’t even elbow my way through to get to an appointment on time. LG absolutely outdid themselves. If you have not seen or heard of its kinetic display, visit its microsite.
Also, I got an in-person look at the Barco ClickShare Bar. This is THE product you want if you are all about integration of the ClickShare product right into a video bar format. Amazing work. As you can see from the line of people outside the Barco booth waiting to get inside and get a peek in the demo area.
And if you’re looking for a closer look at what the ClickShare Bar looks like, it’s right here:
I’m excited to get more of a look at everything the show floor has to offer for the rest of the week, but I will say that for today a really big highlight was speaking to Shaun Reardon at DNV all about the importance of cybersecurity and more specifically, cybersecurity for control rooms. He chatted to me about all the really bad things that can go wrong when breaches happen, so it’s becoming more important than ever to protect yourself and your clients. The full interview is still to come, but I think you’ll find it as interesting and cool as I did. Here’s the link to DNV so you can learn more about the company: https://www.dnv.com/.
Without further ado, things I like:
- Learning more about security (cyber and physical) and its place within AV
- Remote monitoring and management
- Kinetic LED displays that move in front of your very eyes
- Industry partnerships formed to leverage strengths of both companies (Like Lenovo and Intel!)
Things I don’t like:
- Sexism (Still alive and well in the industry, I fear!) Also, if you have half a brain cell, please show respect to your fellow AVtweeps, regardless of their gender. I’m always so shocked when I have another horrid experience. Like, don’t you all know better?
- Concrete floors — self explanatory. I probably need to retire my show shoes at long last.
That’s it for today. If you want to read Day Zero’s Daily Raff — it’s below.
P.S. Don’t forget to check out all of our ISE 2024 coverage here!