TEAC Corporation Develops TASCAM XLR Microphone Adaptor for Mirrorless Cameras
TEAC Corporation announced the development of the TASCAM CA-XLR2d professional audio XLR microphone adapter for mirrorless cameras. This product is targeted for worldwide release by the end of 2021. The CA-XLR2d lineup is a collaboration between TEAC Corporation working independently with Canon Inc., FUJIFILM Corporation and Nikon Corporation. The strategy is to combine leading camera manufacturer know-how and high-quality audio capturing technology from TASCAM.
Since mirrorless cameras typically used for high-quality video shooting do not accommodate an XLR input for professional microphones or a high-quality preamplifier. To solve this issue, the CA-XLR2d was planned as an XLR input expansion adapter for mirrorless cameras that enables filmmakers and videographers to capture high-quality audio directly into cameras. The result is audio from the XLR input is directly recorded into the camera along with the video. The built-in AD converter will enable filmmakers to transfer digitalized audio directly into cameras without any audio degradation.
CA-XLR2d is the solution for professional users to amateur users for a higher level of audio quality as part of video content:
- Canon Kit “CA-XLR2d-C”: Thanks to co-design and evaluation of a digital hot shoe connection with Canon Inc., compliant with their Multi-function shoe, digital audio transmission directly into the camera and buss power supply from the camera is available for a cable-free system with high mobility. In addition, the CA-XLR2d is also planned to be compatible with the multi-function shoe of the Canon XF605 Professional Camcorder. This combination will provide a maximum of 4 XLR input channels in addition to the built-in 2 XLR channels on the camcorder. With the included 2 x AA battery box and cold shoe mount adapter, CA-XLR2d also works with existing cameras that don’t have the Multi-function hot shoe by connecting an analog audio cable between CA-XLR2d’s analog out and the camera’s mic-in
- FUJIFILM Kit “CA-XLR2d-F”: Thanks to the co-development of a digital hot shoe connection with FUJIFILM Corporation, compliant with Fujifilm’s digital hot shoe, digital audio transmission directly into the camera and buss power supply from the camera is available to build a cable-free system for high mobility. With the included 2 x AA battery box and cold shoe mount adapter, CA-XLR2d also works with existing cameras that don’t have the digital hot shoe by connecting an analog audio cable between CA-XLR2d’s analog out and the camera’s mic-in
- Analog Interface Kit “CA-XLR2d-AN”: Thanks to the collaboration of creating an analog interface kit with Nikon Corporation, the included 2 x AA battery box and cold shoe mount adapter works by connecting an analog audio cable between CA-XLR2d’s analog out and the camera’s mic in. CA-XLR2d will work as an analog audio adapter
- Microphone adapter to add a professional audio XLR input to mirrorless cameras
- Direct digital audio transmission via a digitized accessory shoe with a built-in AD converter (only compatible for products from Canon and Fujifilm)
- Power is supplied by the Camera using the data transmission shoe (only compatible for products from Canon and Fujifilm)
- Built-in high-performance TASCAM HDDA (High Definition Discrete Architecture) mic-preamplifier achieves high-quality audio, low noise and wide dynamic range (Mic/Line level switchable, +48V Phantom power supply)
- 2 modes on analog output
- Camera mode for audio transfer to camera’s mic-in
- Headphone mode for direct headphone monitoring