Sony Announces New Live Production System Camera
Sony just announced its new live production system camera — dubbing it an “affordable for broadcasters and event production companies” camera that needs a quality solution for a 4K-ready production system.
While most event production companies, esports organizations, houses of worship or educational institutions produce most of their content in HD, they are increasingly aware of the benefits of 4K production. They are looking for simple ways to switch to 4K. Sony’s HXC-FZ90, with its familiar design philosophy and operations, allows a switchover at the time chosen by the organization. The HXC-FZ90 also supports HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) and S-Log3 for Sony’s SR Live workflow enabling HD HDR or 4K HDR when desired.
Key features focused on image quality and easy operations include:
- Single chip 2/3” 4K CMOS sensor with B4 mount enabling 2000 TVL resolution
- 4K license available on a weekly or monthly basis or as a permanent feature
- HLG and S-Log3 built-in support for SR Live Workflow
- ARIA Function: Automatic Picture optimization according to lens characteristics
- Simple integration with CNA-2 web RCP Control allowing advanced monitoring
- Simplified cabling with Prompter or PTZ cameras (ILME-FR7 e.g.) by Network Trunk (Ethernet)
- Stereo mini-jack connector for simple headset connection
- Simple camera operation from the front panel of the new CCU HXCU-FZ90 with functionalities such as IRIS and paint control
- Advanced focus assist feature