In explaining the decision to their channel, SMART said, “This decision was made based on how SMART can best utilize our budget and resources to deliver the best programs to you in 2013.”
Unlike Extron, who also pulled out of the U.S. InfoComm show, SMART’s leadership role in the interactive whiteboard market isn’t increasing; it’s declining. In fact, about 20 percent of classroom and meeting room projectors sold now are pre-integrated with built-in interactivity.
Here’s a copy of the letter that went out this morning to their sales channel:
Dear valued channel member,
I am writing to advise you that SMART will not be exhibiting at InfoComm 2013 in Orlando, Florida. This decision was made based on how SMART can best utilize our budget and resources to deliver the best programs to you in 2013. We look forward to sharing these plans with you throughout the year.
In the mean time, please take advantage of some of our other customer engagement opportunities.
Engage your customers with the following opportunities:
- Executive Briefing Centers and Microsoft Technology Centers — Did you know SMART has over 30 Executive Briefing Centers and Microsoft Technology Centers around the world? Let me know if you would like to book a customer event at one of our Executive Briefing Centers or Microsoft Technology Centers.
- Join us at other trade shows and events including, Enterprise Connect in Orlando, on March 18 — 21 — Bring your customers to see how SMART has transformed the face of collaboration at Enterprise Connect. Use this priority code to receive a FreeExpoPlus pass or 40% off a conference registration package; priority code: CMSMART. Check Sourcewire regularly for updates on additional trade shows and events throughout the year.
- Scheduled meetings with me to support your customer engagements — Need support on an upcoming sales opportunity? I’m here to help.
- Invite SMART to attend your events — Whether you’re hosting an exclusive or non-exclusive event, I’m happy to support you in making this event successful. Let me know how I can help.
- Leverage Campaign Central campaigns to nurture your customers — From assessment tool to events and webinars, SMART’s Campaign Central has several customizable campaigns you can run to turn your prospects into customers.
I look forward to working with you on some of these opportunities and look forward to helping you have a more than outstanding year in 2013!
Area Manager for Eastern Canada