SMART Technologies Adds New Board for Education
SMART Technologies announced a new board aimed at education, the SMART Board RX series. This display uses optically bonded glass and a multi-color stylus for inking and adds student device integration into the platform. At the heart of the SMART Board RX series are the features and functionality, purposefully designed to help make classroom time higher quality time and engage all students in inclusive and accessible learning experiences. SMART says its RX series comes with its Tool Explorer technology that enables all students — including those with diverse learning needs — to actively engage with content and easily communicate with their peers and teachers.
Tool Explorer digitally recognizes blocks in pre-programmed sets with images such as emojis that can help enable social and emotional learning. The blocks are also programmable, allowing teachers or students to program any image onto a block. Tool Explorer provides a unique way for students to communicate and participate — including those students who are non-verbal, those who struggle to hold a pen or to write, and those who require or prefer different methods of communication. Tool Explorer is only available with the SMART Board RX series.
The SMART Board RX series is Google EDLA certified, giving users native access to the Google Play store, Google Classroom, Chrome Browser, and other Google services so that teachers can have all their favorite apps at their fingertips. It comes with a completely refreshed embedded experience — iQ 4.0. The new version of iQ is designed to simplify workflows for teachers and make lessons engaging for students.
The SMART Board RX series offers an array of features, including:
- Android 13 for enhanced security and smooth performance, with expandable storage up to 576GB.
- Optically bonded glass that provides a “smooth, precise inking experience and unmatched viewing clarity.”
- Simultaneous Tool Differentiation so multiple students can intuitively collaborate at the display together.
- An all-new multi-color LED stylus
- NFC and QR code-based sign-in with one-click sign-out for added security and convenience.
- Integrated sound bar with two 20W speakers and a 15W subwoofer.
- New environmental and air quality sensors