Today Sennheiser announced the availability of the next system from the Evolution Wireless Digital family of radio microphones. Named EW-DX, the new microphone systems simplify professional workflows by utilizing refined technologies to deliver a digital UHF system that can be scaled with ease.
This week, the first flight of products started shipping from Sennheiser’s main warehouses in the United States, Europe and the Asia Pacific region. The following components are available as part of these shipments:
- EW-DX EM 2, two-channel digital half-rack (9,5”) receiver
- EW-DX SK bodypack transmitter with 3.5mm connector and with 3-pin connector
- EW-DX SKM handheld transmitter
- EW-DX SKM-S handheld transmitter with programmable mute switch
- EW-D power distribution cable
To coincide with the availability of EW-DX, Sennheiser also released an updated version of the Sennheiser Control Cockpit software this week. With Version 6.0.0, Sennheiser Control Cockpit is now compatible with EW-DX, enabling monitoring, control and firmware updates for EW-DX devices. For conformity, consistency and compatibility reasons, it is strongly recommended that the system be updated to the new release of Sennheiser Control Cockpit upon receiving the EW-DX. This will ensure stable firmware upon first use.
The Sennheiser Control Cockpit continuously provides a global overview of all network-enabled devices. It shows all status information at a glance and makes setting adjustments for one or multiple devices at the same time very easy. Details on the Sennheiser Control Cockpitare here: https://en-us.sennheiser.com/control-cockpit-software
The handheld and bodypack transmitters will be the first on the market to feature e-ink displays. Even when a transmitter is switched off, users will still be able to read essential device data. Both transmitter types will be fitted with in-device charging contacts. Using the dedicated BA 70 rechargeable battery pack, which can be charged using the L 70 USB charger (both BA 70 and L 70 USB are sold separately), the transmitters will have an operating time of about 12 hours.
In early 2023, Sennheiser will add to the Evolution Digital Wireless family charging options with the availability of the network-enabled charger, the CHG 70N, which features two individual charging bays for the EW-DX, one of which can charge EW-DX SKM, EW-DX SK or BA 70.
The EW-DX Key Features:
- Advanced level of Sennheiser Control Cockpit (SCC) integration allows for remote, network-enabled management in installations of all sizes via SCC and third-party applications
- Network-enabled charging options for handheld and bodypack transmitters with CHG 70N
- Secure transmission of confidential content using AES-256 encryption
- Worldwide usage (specific frequencies subject to local RF regulations)
- Up to 12 hours of battery time
- Transmitters with function buttons for convenient on-device control
- Transmitters with e-ink display for easy user identification
- Automatic RF setup enables easy in-room configuration
For more information on these new members of the Evolution Wireless Digital family go to: www.sennheiser.com/ew-dx-business