Sennheiser Anakonda, a Bendable K-Array Speaker, Introduced at InfoComm 2013
Sennheiser has announced the availability of the latest K-array product: Anakonda is a bendable speaker meant for indoor our outdoor applications such as theme parks, museums and broadcast studios. Since each speaker element is bendable, the Anakonda can be wrapped around poles, columns or mounted to curved or otherwise uneven surfaces. Speakers are available in 6-foot lengths, and can link to up to 16 combined elements using the Anakonda’s integrated NL4 connectors. The speaker’s dedicated presets support a variety of configurations, including both standalone and combination use with K-array KMT Series subwoofers.
- Speaker power handling: 150 W (AES)
- Frequency range: 150 Hz – 18 kHz +/- 6 dB (With dedicated preset)
- Impedance: 64 Ω
- Maximum SPL: 96 dB (continuous) – 102 dB (peak) (measured with musical signal)
- Coverage: Horizontal: 160°, Vertical: 10°
- Crossover Type: External crossover required
- Frequency: High pass @150 Hz, 24 dB/oct suggested minimum
- Full-range: 8 1” neodymium cone driver with 0.75” voice coil
- Dimensions: 79.5×2.2×1.4 inches
- Weight: 3.09 lbs.
Each Anakonda includes a wall bracket, as well as fabric covers in both white and black to enhance visual appeal and protect against dust. The Anakonda is compatible with other K-array products such as the KA40 amplifier and the KMT12 and KMT18 subwoofers. Each KA40 amplifier can drive up to 16 Anakonda (KAN200) elements per channel, and the KMT12 and KMT18 subwoofers can support up to eight Anakonda’s per channel.
The Anakonda lists for $899.95. For more information, click here.