Security Industry Association Opens Nominations for Inaugural 25 on the RISE Awards
The Security Industry Association (SIA) has opened the call for nominations for the first-ever 25 on the RISE Awards– a program presented by SIA’s RISE community for emerging security leaders. Each year, this new initiative will honor 25 security leaders of today and tomorrow for their impactful contributions to advancing the security industry.
The 2023 class of 25 on the RISE awardees will be honored during a special award ceremony at Securing New Ground (SNG), taking place Oct. 17-18 in New York City.
“The RISE community’s vision for recognizing exceptionally talented peers within the industry through the SIA 25 on the RISE program is inspiring. But then again, the RISE community’s creativity and consistent approach to raising the industry’s collective awareness of the unique contributions of young professionals showcases how truly special RISE has become as a leadership development program,” said SIA Don Erickson. “This initiative honors leaders who are fostering diversity, impact and innovation in their companies, their communities and the industry at large, and we look forward to recognizing the inaugural class of awardees at SNG 2023.”
SIA 25 on the RISE Awards nominations are open to security industry professionals who are under 40 or who have less than two years of experience in the industry. Awardees will be recognized in six categories:
- Innovation: Awarded to individuals who demonstrate thought leadership surrounding new technology and reimagine traditional approaches to strategic management.
- Culture: Awarded to individuals who are committed to elevating diversity, equity and inclusion and/or corporate social responsibility by creating impactful change within the security industry.
- Growth: Awarded to individuals who have made significant progress towards developing, implementing and streamlining business-related programs to create a competitive advantage and achieve success.
- Branding: Awarded to individuals who excel in content creation and authentic personal branding to build a unique value proposition and gain influence for themselves and/or their companies.
- Frontline: Awarded to individuals actively and physically in the field who are going above and beyond to provide customer service/installation in the security industry.
- Leadership: Awarded to individuals in management who possess outstanding leadership qualities and set an example for others to follow. Recipients demonstrate the ability to inspire others, effectively lead teams and cultivate new leadership by creating opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Nominations for this year’s SIA 25 on the RISE program will be accepted until Thursday, Aug. 31. Learn more and submit a nomination.
SIA RISE is a community that fosters the careers of young professionals in the security industry. In addition to the 25 on the RISE program, SIA RISE’s offerings include an annual scholarship to further young talent’s education and career goals, fun in-person and virtual networking events for young professionals, the Talent Inclusion Mentorship Education (TIME) program for early and mid-career professionals, career growth webinars and trade show education tracks and the annual AcceleRISE conference – an essential experienced designed to ignite new thinking, strengthen leadership and sharpen business acumen in young security talent and taking place Aug. 14-16 in Denver, Colorado. The SIA RISE community is open to all employees at SIA member companies who are young professionals under 40 or have been in the security industry for less than two years; learn more and sign up to join.