Ross Video has announced the release of UX 4.0, the latest generation of control interface that the company says allows for more intuitively controlling virtual productions.
UX Xperience is a control center application that is customizable and features an intuitive touchscreen GUI. The application provides integration with tracking systems, keying products and real-time 3D rendering engines such as Ross Video’s XPression and Frontier.
UX 4.0 builds on previous versions by enhancing and improving the functionality and connectivity of all its different components – UX Track, UX Server, workflow capabilities and tracking and mounts. UX 4.0 also introduces two new major features: Visual Logic and Unreal4 Plugin.
UX’s visual logic is a new quadrant that allows users to create complex sophisticated behaviors by dragging and dropping parameters on a canvas and connecting them in a visual, node-based, method. This new feature is extremely powerful as it doesn’t require any previous experience in code writing, while offering an extensive toolset to accommodate even the most intricate behavior. The UX Unreal plugin allows users to feed data from UX directly into the blueprint layer of the Unreal4 engine. UX can feed data as strings, integers, floats, vectors, drive animations and meshes.
Other standard features of UX include:
- The ability to combine complex virtual moves and camera moves into one button events that can be triggered by Ross production switchers or OverDrive Studio Production Control with UX Events.
- Configure project files and network settings with UX Config.
- Move, rotate, scale and create tween animations of objects in the scene with UX Position.
- Route movies and stills to target areas in the scene with UX Router.
- UX Virtual Camera Control (UX VCC) is a version of UX designed to provide virtual camera control for non-Ross graphics engines and user environments.
Here are more details.