QSC To Temporarily Stop Fulfilling Orders for a Number of Products Due to Supply Shortages
According to a letter distributed to partners, QSC announced that due to supply chain challenges brought on by COVID-19, the company will temporarily stop taking/fulfilling orders for a number of products.
The letter below, sent to rAVe by a source who asked not to be named, says the company is fulfilling as many existing orders as possible but said there may still be delays on certain products.
QSC also notes in the letter that the company hopes to start accepting new orders this fall.
A copy of the letter is here:
Dear QSC Partner, The global pandemic has been a tremendous challenge for QSC and our partners over the last 18 months, and we greatly appreciate your transparency and support throughout this difficult period. Indeed, we are now experiencing unprecedented and growing demand across our entire portfolio, above pre-pandemic levels in many cases.
At the same time, the pandemic’s continued effects are unpredictable and the impacts on the supply chain and prices are unforeseeable for many industries, including Pro Audio and AV. Our continued goal is to be transparent in our communications regarding current business conditions and outlook while maximizing clarity and predictability for our partners on our delivery schedules and commitments.
Product Portfolio: Given the current situation, we will temporarily stop accepting orders for the following products:
- CP Series (CP8, CP12)
- CXQ Series (CX-Q2K4)
- GX Series (GX3, GX5, GX7)
- K.2 Series (K8.2, K10.2, K12.2)
- KS Series (KS112, KS118, KS212C)
- KW Series (KW112, KW152, KW153)
- MP Series (MP-M40, MP-M80)
- PLD Series (PLD4.2, PLD4.3, PLD4.5)
- TouchMix Series (TOUCHMIX-8, TOUCHMIX-16, TOUCHMIX-30 PRO)
While we are pausing taking orders on the products above, our goal is to fulfill as many existing orders as possible to maintain market momentum and ensure our products are available to end customers. However, you may still experience delivery delays for these products.
When fulfillment of an existing sales order is not possible, our team will communicate with you. All open orders we are unable to cover with our currently confirmed supply will be canceled. We expect to start accepting new orders in the fall and will provide further details as soon as possible.
The rest of our product portfolio may be impacted by material constraints and logistics slow-downs, but we have continuity of supply and will continue to deliver products to the market as fast as possible.
Transit Surcharges: As part of the global supply chain crisis, many companies are experiencing rapidly increasing inbound logistic and transit costs. Our costs have increased exponentially across the entire portfolio and geographies.
We are taking the following steps to address this situation:
- Effective September 10, 2021, QSC will add a transit surcharge on all new orders for QSC hardware products (SW licenses and services excluded).
- The transit surcharge is calculated on every invoice as 5.0% of the gross (dealer) price.
- The transit surcharge will appear as a separate item at the bottom of every quote, order confirmation, and invoice.
- The transit surcharge is excluded from partner bonus programs and payment terms when applicable • Our current freight policy remains unchanged
- We are not in a position to accept stocking orders or orders with customer request date beyond Dec 31, 2021 and reserve the right to not accept POs based on supply and delivery requirements
- QSC will monitor inbound logistic and transit costs and communicate changes as market conditions shift
Our final terms of sale will be reflected in your QSC Order Confirmation and Invoice. This information is confidential. Please do not send or share this letter with anyone outside of your organization, but we do encourage you to share it with any relevant members of your staff. This is a difficult time, but we appreciate your continued patience and flexibility. Thank you for helping us manage this situation and ensure that we continue to serve our customers together to the best of our abilities.
As always, thank you for your partnership with QSC!
Your QSC Team