PS Audio is shipping its PerfectWave SACD Transport (PST), designed for disc playback from SACD, CD and other optical disc formats. The new PerfectWave SACD Transport is capable of playing stereo audio from most types of optical discs, including SACD, CD, CD-R, CD-RW and DVD-R*/-RW*/+R*/+RW*(*audio data file only). In addition, the PST will play the raw DSD layer of an SACD directly into a compatible PS Audio DAC via an I2S connection, to provide exactly the same audio heard by the mastering engineers in the studio.
The PST It can also play MP3/ WMA/AAC (~48kHz/320bps) WAV/FLAC/AIFF(~192kHz/24-bit) DSD (~5.6mHz) and ALAC (~96kHz/24-bit) files from discs or from its USB input.
The PST employs PS Audio’s proprietary Digital Lens technology, which PS Audio says electrically isolates the mechanical transport/laser mechanism from the digital output stage by a unique combination of buffer memory and FPGA (Field-Programmable Gate Array)-based digital processing. This reduces jitter and timing artifacts and focuses the audio data into a single bit-perfect, timing-accurate stream to the DAC.
The PST also has a galvanically isolated output stage, which feeds the output of the PST’s all-new drive mechanism to the Digital Lens using transmission of focused-beam, short-wavelength signals across space. This total physical and electrical isolation completely eliminates noise or ground contamination.
The PS Audio PerfectWave SACD Transport offers a comprehensive selection of outputs, including an I2S output for PCM and DSD (raw), plus coaxial RCA and BNC for PCM and DoP (use both BNC outs for double-rate DoP), and balanced XLR (use both XLR outs for double-rate DoP). The PST also has Ethernet and Wi-Fi connectivity for over-the-air firmware updates. The PST requires no setup — simply connect the desired digital audio output. In addition to its front panel controls and menu, the PST can be operated using its supplied full-function remote control.
The $6,500 PerfectWave SACD Features:
- Plays SACD, CD numerous additional disc and data file formats from discs or USB stick
- Plays the raw DSD disc layer via I2S connection for studio-master-quality audio
- Exclusive Digital Lens technology reduces jitter and timing artifacts and delivers a bit-perfect, timing-accurate data stream
- Proprietary galvanic isolation output stage provides complete electrical and mechanically isolation to eliminate noise
- Remote control or front-panel operation
- I2S, coaxial RCA and BNC, and XLR digital audio connections; can be configured for double-rate DoP output
- USB input allows playback of audio and data files from a USB stick
- Plug-and-play operation with no configuration required
- Ethernet and Wi-Fi connectivity enable firmware updates
- Available in silver or black
- 14″ x 17″ x 4″, 31 pounds.