PS Audio will begin shipping its new Stellar M1200 power amplifier in June 2020. The monoblock M1200 features a hybrid design that combines a tube input stage with a customized ICE Edge output stage and delivers 1200 watts (into 4 ohms, 800 watts into 8 ohms). The M1200 uses a 12AU7 vacuum tube at its input. According to PS Audio, the ICE Edge output stage is a new type of high-current Class D design, offering low total harmonic and intermodulation distortion with high headroom and linear performance across the frequency range.
The PS Audio Stellar M1200 Power Amplifier will list for $5,998 per pair and here are the specs:
- Zero-loss vacuum tube input stage and custom ICE Edge output stage
- Fully balanced circuitry
- RCA single-ended and XLR balanced inputs
- 1200 watts RMS into 8 ohms, 600 watts into 4 ohms, stable to 2 ohms
- Greater than >1100 damping factor for exceptional loudspeaker control
- High-efficiency operation
- Dual, solid copper, plated output binding posts facilitate bi-wiring
- 12-volt input trigger
- 27 pounds each; 17” wide by 3.75” high by 12” deep (13” with connectors)
All the specs on the PS Audio Stellar M1200 power amplifier are here.