Every year, more things are possible in the digital operating room. That’s a good thing, as this can boost OR teams’ productivity, turnaround times and patient recovery. However, with digitalization come challenges too:
- Hardware needs to be maintained and software needs to be updated in time
- The lifecycles of individual products need to be monitored
- New products (sometimes from different vendors) need to be validated into existing setups
- OR integrators need to be able to track which devices are installed where
That is why Barco expands its hardware portfolio with three new in-wall consoles that have built-in Nexxis functionality. The advantages that in-wall consoles offer ORs are plentiful:
- They present information that can easily be viewed from anywhere in the OR
- They enable placing multiple images or video sources next to each other
- They take up no space, as they’re built into the OR wall
- They make it very easy to interact with remote-PC video sources
Barco’s MDMX family of in-wall consoles have built-in Nexxis functionality, so they can be integrated easily within both new and existing Nexxis systems, without struggles with connectivity or compatibility. The series also makes it possible to attach mobile devices, such as C-arms, to Nexxis.
All three consoles offer a Nexxis button that can be programmed for specific tasks: start or stop recordings, take snapshots, change video layouts, etc.
Pick your choice
The MDMX series offers a choice between three different displays, each with a black protective, anti-reflective glass front cover that allows easy cleaning and disinfecting:
- MDMX-22400 GNTB: 24”, full-HD console
- MDMX-25500 GNNB: 55”, 4K console
- MDMX-22449 GNTB: combined display configuration of a 24” full-HD and a 49” 4K display
The MDMX-22400 GNTB and MDMX-25500 GNNB can be combined next to each other in a dual setup. The consoles come with optional trackpad, mouse and foldable IP68 keyboard, available in multiple languages.
Leander Werbrouck, Director of Product Management for Surgical Imaging at Barco, reacts: “In-wall consoles are an ergonomic and elegant solution for flexible and clear collaboration in operating rooms. When well-placed in the room, a large screen can collect multiple video and image sources, and present information that is easy for the entire OR team to see. I am confident that this range will further enhance OR teams’ operations, and we are certain that the Nexxis plug and play system will make the in-wall consoles easy to install and maintain.”