Philips is promising to demo the “Future of Display Technology” at its product unveiling at InfoComm 2013 next month in Orlando. The press will get a first-hand look on Wednesday at 2 p.m. in the company’s booth (1743). Philips tells us that it’s not only demo’ing its new glasses-free 4K 3D displays (we saw these at ISE and they looked amazing, actually) but its also planning to show:
- An IP Signage Platform (IPSP) with an HTML5 Cloud Player
- Quad HD (QHD) (another word for 4K) Displays
- UltraWide Displays – Philips isn’t specifying the actual aspect ratio yet but we are thinking 2:1
- Clinical Review Healthcare Displays – meaning they are color-calibrated for medical imaging
- USB-powered Displays – this is cool as we see more and more low-power applications in the future
- A new SmartColor Calibration Solution
- A so-called “All-in-One Digital Menu Board Solution”
- ShadowSense Touch Technlogy – so you don’t actually have to put your finger on the face of the display
- Gigantic Robotic Touch Tables – these will be cool!
Once we’ve gone, we’ll post all that we saw on http://www.ravenowinfocomm.com
In the meantime, Philips’ full announcement is here.