Pakedge Device & Software has introduced its new S8Wpde 8-Port gigabit switch, which can be powered by PoE or AC, letting the S8Wpde function in either new and old buildings alike (PoE or not). Plug-and-play features allow this switch to run without any installation of software. The S8Wpde is fully compliant with all network protocols.
With compact dimensions of 7.16″ W x 3.6″ D x 1.4″ H, the S8Wpde takes up only a portion of 1U on a wiring rack. This switch comes with a newly designed flange-mount bracket, providing easier installation than traditional, cradle-type brackets. The S8Wpde features a compact metal housing for maximum durability and easy placement on a flat surface, in a media panel, or mounted on a wall. The S8Wpde requires no fan, allowing it to run silently.
Other features include:
- IEEE 802.3 10BASE-T, IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX, IEEE 802.3ab 1000BASE-T, IEEE 802.3x full duplex operation and flow control
- Eight 10/100/1000Mbps RJ-45 gigabit Ethernet ports
- Uplink: Auto MDI/MDI-X (auto crossover)
- Network speed: 10/100/1000Mbps and full/half-duplex mode auto-detection (1000 Mbps for full-duplex only)
- MAC address table: 1K MAC entries
- Buffer memory: 832K bits
- Jumbo Frame: 9K bytes