Pakedge Device & Software has announced that its K6x routers have reached End of Life (EOL) status and will be replaced with the K60D series, based on the K60D Enterprise-Class Router. According to Pakedge, these new kits provide increased internal networking speed, throughput, and boast a session-count of up to 500,000 simultaneous sessions — allowing an unprecedented number of applications to run on a network.
Pakedge will continue to provide lifetime technical support for legacy K6x router kits. K6x units requiring replacement service during the warranty period will be replaced with the corresponding K60Dx unit. Pakedge technical support is available for those moving to the K60Dx routers, including assistance with updating previous router configuration files.
Each K60D router kit offers optional UTM provided by Fortinet, allowing an enhanced firewall with Intrusion Detection and Prevention, Application Control, Web Filtering, VPN, anti-spam and anti-virus — all directly at the gateway, ensuring that infected traffic can never access sensitive data on your network. K60D router kits integrate seamlessly with the BakPak, Pakedge’s cloud-integrated mobile and Web app.
Pakedge K60D router kits are available in the following configurations:
- K60D/K60DU: Gigabit Preconfigured Router with 10 ports
- K60D-S8Mpd/R60DU-S8Mpd: Preconfigured K60D with 8-Port Gigabit Managed Switch
- K60D-S8Hav/R60DU-S8Hav: Preconfigured K60D with 8-Port Gigabit PoE/PoE+ Managed Switch
- K60D-S24P8av/R60DU-S24P8av: Preconfigured K60D with 24-Port Gigabit Managed Switch with 8 Ports PoE
- K60D-S24P16av/R60DU-S24P16av: Preconfigured K60D with 24-Port Gigabit Managed Switch with 16 Ports PoE
- K60D-S24Pav/R60DU-S24Pav: Preconfigured K60D with 24-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Switch
- K60D-S24Hav/R60DU-S24Hav: Preconfigured K60D with 24-Port Gigabit PoE/PoE+ Managed Switch
- K60D-S24F/R60DU-S24F: Preconfigured K60D with 24-Port Gigabit Front-Facing Managed Switch
- K60D-S24HF/R60DU-S24HF: Preconfigured K60D with 24-Port Gigabit PoE/PoE+ Front-Facing Managed Switch
- K60D-S24av/R60DU-S24av: Preconfigured K60D with 24-Port Gigabit Managed Switch
The K60D Router Kit features:
- Preconfigured for small business and residential installations without the complexity of enterprise configurations
- Predefined basic and advanced settings with Pakedge support.
- A/V rack mountable, Fits standard 19” 1U slot. Kits will vary from 1U to 2U depending on switch selection
- Dual WAN ports for redundant Internet connections deliver higher availability and switch over to the other connection when the first one fails
- Multiple VPN tunnels
- 7 Gigabit internal switch ports
- Dedicated DMZ port
- Single USB port that allows you to connect a compatible third-party 3G/4G USB modem, providing additional WAN connectivity or a redundant link for maximum reliability
- Secure guest and employee network
- Pakedge VLAN technology compartmentalizes traffic into user specified subnetworks to reduce resource conflicts, simplify traffic management, support multiple diverse devices with no loss in performance