Right now, around the globe, most companies, educational institutions and government agencies have shifted their money to help solve internal COVID-19 issues and are trying to reopen. Therefore, financial expenditures on tech hardware not directly related to healthcare issues seem to be on hold (for now). So, now — more than any other time in ProAV history — is the perfect time to launch AV-as-a-Service solutions where your clients can acquire complete solutions without paying for them upfront.
I’ve been writing about offering AVaaS for over 4 years. Heck, I’ve even done two different webinars about it — and how to do it — for Almo Pro A/V since 2016. Yes, barely any AV integrators are offering it. But, now’s your chance. And, thanks to Zoom’s recent HaaS (Hardware-as-a-Service) announcement yesterday, you have a more straightforward path to success as the end users will understand it better, and you can copy Zoom’s model!
Zoom’s new HaaS program, initially available only to U.S. customers, provides access to Zoom Phone and Zoom Rooms hardware solutions with a subscription service, giving organizations the ability to outfit employees with leading hardware solutions and affordably scale these solutions at a fixed monthly price. Here are some of the benefits of Zoom’s HaaS program.
It’s been known forever that some companies can’t afford to equip their employees with all the hardware solutions they want them to have due to the upfront costs and a significant impact on their budgets. With Zoom HaaS, organizations can equip themselves with hardware solutions from leading vendors like DTEN, Neat, Poly and Yealink without the substantial initial investment, freeing up their budgets for important projects and making hardware solutions more accessible for businesses of all sizes. (And, more manufacturers will be added soon, according to Zoom.)
But, my advice would be to use this model to launch your own AVaaS models for your clients and leverage your relationships with your AV distributors to help support them. The biggies already have AVaaS options they can manage for you! Didn’t you know that?
- Here’s Almo Pro A/V’s AVaaS offering: https://www.almoproav.com/avaas
- Here’s Synnex’s AVaaS offering: https://www.synnexcorp.com/us/visualsolv/av-it/the-distributor-as-market-maker-and-market-leader/
- Here’s a great AVaaS primer from PSNI: https://blog.psni.org/av-blog/avaas-everything-you-need-to-know
- Here’s a great AVaaS piece written by rAVe’s own Mark Coxon: https://www.ravepubs.com/avaas-not-just-glorified-lease/
- Here’s one of my AVaaS webinars: https://www.ravepubs.com/webinar-you-can-finally-offer-avaas/
- Here’s one of my first pieces on AVaaS with a case study back in 2017: https://www.ravepubs.com/avaas-future-av-econocom-buyout-bis-group-will-trigger-first-europe/