URC just introduced a new smart wireless lighting control system carrying Z-Wave Plus-certification. Designed to be installed as a stand-alone product or integrated with URC’s Total Control 2.0 or MX HomePro systems, this new line up is compatible with LED lighting and has several benefits, including increased power, increased range (up to 500 feet) for larger installations, 250% more bandwidth, enhanced security and claims ease of installation.
URC’s new 500 Series wireless lighting control system consists of wireless light switches, dimmers, receptacles, accessory modules and a new wireless gateway. When installed as a standalone system, the end user can control it using URC’s Home App and an iOS or Android smartphone or tablet.
- The heart of the system, URC’s new TRF-ZW3 Gateway (shipping now for $299) acts as the central point for the new URC lighting system and has more power to handle larger installations vs. URC’s first-generation lighting system.
- URC 500 Series new switches, dimmers, and receptacles will be available in October ($99) in 3 designer colors (white, light almond, and black) to match any interior aesthetic. Master Neutral and Accessory Neutral versions of the switches and dimmers are available. The dimmers are rated to support up to 600 Watts.
- A new appliance module will also be available for $99 in October
- Z-Wave Plus is the next generation standard of Z-Wave, a wireless technology that lets all home electronics that leverage it to talk to each other over the Z-Wave network.
URC’s new 500 series wireless lighting control system can also be controlled by any URC Total Control 2.0 smart automation & control system user interface (in-wall and tabletop touch screens, in-wall keypads, wireless remote controls, voice control or smartphone / tablet control) , providing the end user for easy control of their entire home or commercial facility. The system is also compatible with URC MX HomePro IoT control systems for smaller installations.
When combined URC’s Total Control 2.0 or MX HomePro Systems, end users can enjoy more conveniences and security, such as:
- Automatically illuminating any room when they enter
- Lighting scenes for different activities in the home or commercial environment
- Ability to control the lights from another room, using any URC Total Control or MX HomePro control interface
- Randomize vacation modes by setting automatic schedules with +/- 20 minutes
- Automatically turn on/off the lights in their home or commercial environment when your pull into the driveway or the street, thanks to URC’s Geo-Fencing feature with unlimited proximity
- Automate the lighting to react (on or flashing) when a security alarm, window/door sensor, door lock or motion sensor is activated
- Automate the lighting to react to earthquake or flood detection
Learn more in this quick video:
All the details are here.